MPC-HC not loading

soundsnake8

soundsnake8

I am using ET on two clients both Windows 7 machines. I can get Powerdvd 16 to load and play anything, it never misses but using MPC-HC

as an external player does not work. Every time I select an MKV or bluray folder the Emby Theater internal player takes over and MPC-HC never loads. Is there a way to completely disable the internal player ?  MPC-HC works flawlessly in Media Browser Theater and Emby for MC but not Emby Theater. It used to work but has recently stopped.

Can you start by explaining your external player setup, and/or showing screenshot of that, as well as stating what exactly happens? thanks.

soundsnake8

Can you start by explaining your external player setup, and/or showing screenshot of that, as well as stating what exactly happens? thanks.

Thanks Luke for the quick reply...while waiting I completely uninstalled 2.5.38 and downloaded 2.5.39 and set up MPC-BE and so far all is good ! I am not sure what the glitch was but the crisis has passed thx a million

Marc_G

I'm curious to know what the difference is between MPC-HC and MPC-BE in the context of external player use. Are there options or interface improvements that make it better?