CoverArt shows Bluray disk only, no other covers

Crestj
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Crestj

I usually have the codec shown on the coverart I used for the Primary image for my movies but thought it would be better to use an HD or SD image instead.

When I enabled this by turning on "Cover by definition instead of type (HD/SD)" I see my HD movies with the Bluray image but anything of a lower resolution is shown with a blank cover and just the movie folder.jpg.

I've been through the Coverart HowTo guide and even tried the "specific covers" method but cannot get the image I need.

2 Fast 2 Furous = 1280x544

101 Dalmations = 512x384

58c13149474f3_Capture.jpg

Go back into the specific covers section and map "HD" to whatever cover you want and "SD" to whatever cover you want.

I think the specific treatment style you have chosen simply doesn't have any specific covers with those exact titles so it uses BD and default (which is blank).  So choosing a different treatment style will have different results as well.

Crestj

Ah I see.

So if I choose "Type=HD then cover=HD" it will know anything with a width of 1280 or greater is HD and apply that cover.

and "Type=SD then Cover=SD" will apply an SD cover to anything with a width less than 1280?

I have tried this but it appears to not know what is HD and not. Does the "Cover by definition instead of type (HD/SD)" make a difference here?

EDIT: tbh I can't seem to even see the HD or SD covers. Codec covers work fine as do Bluray but I've never seen HD/SD ones. Are they default?

Edited by Crestj

• Solution

Try changing your treatment style to the default "Metro Case".  I don't think that old clear case treatment style has any covers that say "HD" or "SD".  You don't have to map "HD" to "HD" as that will happen automatically.  But you could use that screen to map "SD" to "DVD" and then you'd get DVD covers for all your SD material.

• Like 1

Crestj

Try changing your treatment style to the default "Metro Case". 

Yep that did it.

Shame really as I liked that clear case.

I've tried some different cases and have it displaying correctly now, I guess I need to find one that looks as nice as Clear Case :)