Folders with movies in dissapearing?

Johnz414

Johnz414

Hi,

Since I've installed MediaBrowser 3.0 Client/Server 2 folders, one with movies (labeled "Thrillers") and the other folder with a Physics course in it (that I spent many hours copying to my PC and editing) have dissapeared? This is very disappointing!!!

Does using a Server program like MediaBrowser 3.0 make my files available without me knowing. I would think not but I didn't do anything to lose these folders and files. So, what gives?

Can anyone help me here, what might of happened??? Thanks.

John

PS Other than that I love the way MediaBrowser works, it's everything Microsoft left out and shouldn't have!

Edited by Johnz414

trusselo

mediabrowser server NEVER moves, deletes, or renames video files or folders you place anywhere on your computer or network.  it can, however -depending on settings- overwrite pictures and metadata (.jpgs / .pngs / .xml).

it does make them available over your network to other mediabrowser clients, but... this brings up another point, you must also share those folders within windows, or your OS FIRST to your network, this is where YOU would choose read-only or read/write/FULL permission for standard network access to those folders, this is where you could make your files available for others to delete them. Only after doing this can mediabrowser server actually serve the files.

are your media folders shared to the network? are you even using mediabroser on other computers on the network?  is the mediabrowser server and files on the same machine? 

mediabrowser didnt delete your files, but weather or not the files are available on the network is totally under your control.

Edited by trusselo

mediabrowser server NEVER moves, deletes, or renames video files or folders you place anywhere on your computer or network....

...unless you ask it to via a client but I doubt you did that as the only client that has that feature is MBC and you have to manually turn it on.

Are the items truly gone from your file system or just not showing up in the MB interface?

Johnz414

Hi,

They are truely gone. I can't imagine what happen to them?

It is only on one PC and not being shared. I do have a router though because I used to ahve a working second computer. All the security on the router is working so I don't think there was any hacking through that, but who knows.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure this out. Thanks for the attention.

John

PS I did change passwords on my PC and email account.

Edited by Johnz414