Cant select subs on Mobile app

Excioz

Excioz

i configured automated subs and if i use it directly from the computer or directly from my samsung tv app i got no issues in getting the subs to work fine.

But when i use the app from my phone 3.8.34 as i write this, i can see for example a dutch and english sub (.srt) but when i try to select them on my phone ( samsung galaxy s7 edge) the wont stay selected and stays on "off"?

This might be a discussed topic, but i couldn't find it ( and new to the forum) so my apologies if its a dupe ( plz refer to the post of this is the case)

Hopefully someone can help me !

Hi, what version of the app exactly are you running? There is no such version 3.8.34. If you are running 2.8.34, that is very old and I would suggest updating. Thanks !

There is no such version 3.8.34. If you are running 2.8.34, that is very old and I would suggest updating. Thanks !

Excioz

Sorry i didnt check it correct i guess, i got 2.8.76, last update was 26feb, the change log said 3.8.34.

Excioz

- I configured automated subs and if i use it directly from the computer or directly from my samsung tv app i got no issues in getting the subs to work fine.

My problem is with the emby app ( VERSION 2.8.76 update on 26 feb 2017), when i select a movie from the server ( version 3.2.5.0 ) i can castscreen it without any issue. But when i try to select a sub in the remote overview i can see all available subs ( CC ) but cant select them.

In short, i might be doing or understanding something wrong, but i'm new in this area so getting it to work in the first place was a victory!

Edited by Excioz

Ok so this is in relation to controlling another device. that changes things. What device are you controlling?

And on that device, what software are you using? Is it an Emby app on that device, or is it a Dlna app?

Ok the answer is that the Samsung app for older TV's does not support remote control. So the android app is doing it's part sending the command, but the Samsung app is not listening to it. 

However, good news, we are working on making our newer Tizen app compatible with older Samsungs:

https://emby.media/emby-for-samsung-smart-tv.html

And then you'll have remote control. Thanks.