Library layout question

dranderson402
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

dranderson402

I finally decided to check out the emby app for my shield tv. I've been using spmc and the emby for kodi addon but wanted to see if maybe the emby android tv app would have a better WAF. Unfortunately it doesn't. The problem is when you start the app and select your library the first thing it focuses on is next up. We don't use next up that much if at all. We wanted to go directly to all shows but had to arrow down several times to get to all items. It would be much nicer if it was just one click up. I don't mind the focus going to next up but having to scroll down so far to get to all items is not liked by the wife.

mastrmind11

I finally decided to check out the emby app for my shield tv. I've been using spmc and the emby for kodi addon but wanted to see if maybe the emby android tv app would have a better WAF. Unfortunately it doesn't. The problem is when you start the app and select your library the first thing it focuses on is next up. We don't use next up that much if at all. We wanted to go directly to all shows but had to arrow down several times to get to all items. It would be much nicer if it was just one click up. I don't mind the focus going to next up but having to scroll down so far to get to all items is not liked by the wife.

You can organize the main screen per user by going into the User and playing with Home Screen settings.

• Solution

You can set it up to work how you want.

Open that All Items view in whatever library you wish to open that way and click on the 'cog' icon at the top.  Then set the default view to "Grid".  Now, every time you enter that library, you will bypass the smart screen and go directly to the grid of items.

Please let us know if this increases your WAF :).  Thanks.

• Like 1