emby - shuffle all

skidmarks

skidmarks

It would be awesome if shuffle all could be added to music and music videos.  Shuffle play the entire music or music video library RANDOM.  I know we can make auto playlists, but i just want to hit a button and just let it pick and choose.  Not limited to any one genre.  I find this very useful and honestly one of the most used features in my household when i go to the dark side.  I assume if its not a function in the server then the other apps cant have this ability?

Thanks in advance...

Happy2Play

Isn't that what Instant Mix does at library level (Music) at least in the web client?

skidmarks

Isn't that what Instant Mix does at library level (Music) at least in the web client?

Yes and no.  I might not be fully up to speed with all the features within the bowels of emby, but in order to do a instant mix dont you have to go to an artist, pick a song, and then do the instant mix option?  I am assuming emby uses some magic at that point and selects a mix / playlist from the genre and possibly date?  That is a great feature, but i want to dumb that down and just say hey emby i am going to click on random and i want you to ignore genre and everything else and play my music library in a random order.  Maybe a 100 song random list?

For music videos...  Same thing.  And the big reason for this is some artists may only have (or might only have in the library) one or two videos.  You can find those videos easy enough with what is already built in (my library is organized by artist names first).  Here's the problem.  You go and find the artist (takes time).  You watch a 3 minute video.  Then you back out and get to another artist.  Play a 3 minute video.  Rinse and repeat.  Great if you want to show someone a specific music video.  But a lot to watch music videos one at a time.  Now then, with random shuffle all...  THATS what is all about!  Let it roll...  Video after video after video.  It becomes your own personal MTV channel. 

Thanks Luke for the positive feed back on this one!

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@@Luke why doesn't the three do menu have Instant Mix and Shuffle?  If you right click they are there.  Should the menu options and right click be different (applies to all libraries)?

Music Library three dot menu

58be778c12664_menu.jpg

Music Library Right click

58be77acaaa64_right.jpg

Note you have Shuffle play on any library if you right click.

• Like 1

skidmarks

Well see, i was not aware of the right click option for the libraries.  So this has been incorporated already.  Now i need to see how i would do this in all of the different apps we use.  Roku?

Thanks for the lesson Happy2Play!

• 1 month later...
mjnovak77

This is a feature I would love to see as well. I have many music videos and it would be great if I could just shuffle play them. I'm using a Roku so and option menu I could get to on the remote would be great.

• 3 months later...
RobWayBro

If I may join in, I would like to see, possibly, some algorithim to also take into account the number of times the song has been played.  I have over 4,000 songs and my thought is if I select Instant Mix from the top level it *should* be days before I have a repeated song.

Thank you for looking into how to incorporate the 'top level' instant mix option in the other interfaces, I use it daily at work via a web browser as the other platforms (including Emby Theater) do not have this feature.  Roku, for me, would be a wonderful inclusion as I do like to listen to music...