too many errors giving up (fire tv)

Old_School

Old_School

Hi everythings been working fine till today i been getting this msg too many errors giving up from emby on fire tv app and also wont play movies now on web browser

hi @@Old_School, we're sorry to hear about this. Would you please submit an in-app fire tv log? You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

(Scroll down to android tv/fire tv section).

Additionally, can you please provide the server log and ffmpeg log(s), from both playback attempts? Thanks !

If this also happens on the web app I'm guessing this is a media access or ffmpeg issue.  Please do post some logs.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
RanmaCanada

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I would post here (unless you want me to start a new one).  I am having this issue as well.  I have included my server logs, and all the transcode logs.  

I am trying to play 4k content on my 4k tv and the app just wants to transcode files that should be direct playable.  Also when I try to play regular HEVC files, it works for a second then gives me too many errors.

I've tried to do it through ftmc as an external player, but it still wants to transcode it.  Box is an S905 K1 Plus which does support HEVC at 4k.

Player has been updated to latest beta, current server version is 3.2.12.0

Thank you so much.

logs.zip

@@RanmaCanada, there are a lot of logs in that zip. Which example should we be looking at?

Which ones gives you the "too many errors, giving up" message that we're discussing here? Thanks !

RanmaCanada

The remux logs are of 2 movies that should have direct played, started to, but then started to transcode and gave me "too many errors"

The transcode logs are of the 4k files I was attempting to play.  These should have direct played but instead were transcoding.  

Also, when I attempted to use the original aspect ratio, the screen would totally mess up.  I would need to take a picture of it as my current box doesn't have the nice taskbar option with the screen grab feature.  I will be replacing it shortly though.

I do apologize for the sheer amount of files in that zip, but each one was doing the exact same thing, giving me "too many errors"

On a side note, when I would try to play them, the server would say I was playing them in BOTH apps.  The mobile version and the android tv version, on the same box.  

Once again thank you for your time and I do apologize if this is not organized enough.

@@ebr will have to comment on the remux of truehd to ac3, but the transcode was happening due to PGS subtitles being selected, which currently need to be burned in by the server.

If your system doesn't support TrueHD (which I believe only the Shield does) then it will transcode that to AC3.  THD doesn't contain a core like DTSHD does.

As for the errors, if you send a log from the app (follow instructions in topic below) I may be able to see why that was happening but this is a non-standard Android TV box, right?

How to Report a Problem

RanmaCanada

Yes it's an S905 android box.  I am currently experimenting with an S905X running Android 6.  The androidtv app wants to transcode everything, where as the mobile wants to just play everything.  I'll try to sort things out before I ask anymore questions.

And as for PGS subs, I don't have subs enabled..will need to look at that.  Thank you.