Sony Android TV and DTS

Martum
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

mekwall

That file is not HDR, if it were you'd see 4:4:4 for the Chroma Subsampling, and AT LEAST 12 bit for the Bit Depth 4:2:0 is SDR.  As for the grey bars you'll probably need to fix the color range either on the TV or the device you're playing to it with the correct range so that your blacks are correct.

You're wrong. It is 10-bit SMPTE 2084 HDR format (aka HDR10) which uses Rec. 2020 color space (4:2:0 chroma subsampling is allowed). My TV recognize the source as HDR as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_video#HDR10

Edited by mekwall

If I try to install the beta version, The app on the tv sais it doesn't support it. So I can't install it.

What app says it doesn't support what?

Samenluisteren

Sorry, I thought I was clear.

The Emby android TV Beta app sais this tv isn't compatible to install the beta app.

Edited by Omeniel

Samenluisteren

What app says it doesn't support what?

Sorry, I thought I was clear.

The Emby android TV Beta app sais this tv isn't compatible to install the beta app.

I Will take a screenshot tonight.

Edited by Omeniel

• 4 years later...

Is the workarround pointed in this thread for Sony Android TV still working in the 2021 app ?

Currently, Emby is not transcoding DTS in DD. I only get a PCM stereo signal from ARC.

28 minutes ago, nague said:

Is the workarround pointed in this thread for Sony Android TV still working in the 2021 app ?

Currently, Emby is not transcoding DTS in DD. I only get a PCM stereo signal from ARC.

Hi.  This is a really old thread.  Exactly what issue are you having and what version of the app do you have?