Music Video's - Library metadata

pir8radio

pir8radio

I just started changing my library format to  Base_Folder/Artist_Name/Artist - Title.vid  (FROM Base_Folder/Artist - Title.vid)   I guess I expected to see the "Artist" folders at least grab an artist image for those folders...

Can this be added?  Supporting the above format similar to music?    This is what I see now:  I know its hard to get meta data for videos, but at least grabbing the artist image for the folder would be a great step in the right direction, when the library is set to "Music Videos".

58bc662d6d047_Screenshotfrom201703051321

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 3

PenkethBoy

i had to add the artist images to Music videos even if i linked the video to an artist(s) and album

I think i tried adding Tags to the videos as well but i dont remember that working :(

I "just" copied them from the music folders and added them in metadata manager

massive PIA because IIRC you have a massive collection

We don't currently have an internet metadata source for music videos but it's something we'd like to add in the future. thanks !

pir8radio

We don't currently have an internet metadata source for music videos but it's something we'd like to add in the future. thanks !

Understood, I was more talking about just matching an artist image from maybe a music database.     so when using naming convention  basefolder/artist_or_band/music - video.vid

emby matches the "artist_or_band" to a music database and pulls a generic artist or band image to put on those folders, not grabbing any meta data per file...  Once inside the artist folder we can see video screenshots so its no big deal..   

Just trying to think of something you can do today that (seems) is relatively easy.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

Tremas

This is not a fix, but sort of a work around. If your files are in a music video library, they should also show up under the respective artists in music view. That way you could browse the artists with images in the music library. Unfortunately, you won't be able to tell which artists actually have videos associated (there is no filter for that), so it's not a great solution. You could also use NFOs folder images as those seem to get picket up (though it seems you have a lot of videos to do that work manually). 

I have all my music videos tagged with Title, Artist, Alubum, Year, and Genre and an associated NFO. My biggest frustration is that all of that information is in the emby database (and can be accessed in the metadata editor), but there are no filter/sort controls or views (like genre) in the music video library to make any of that data useful. 

skidmarks

I have also SLOWLY been manually adding backdrops thumb primary banner and logos to my music video collection.  Copying them straight from my music folders when available.  But have music video artists that i have no corresponding music folders for.  So this is a long PIA project!  It would seem to me that if we have the folder structure set up the same as music structure artist/file name we could pull the images from fanart.  That is where i am going when i do not have the images to copy from my music library.  Just looking for images, not trying to match music video to any meta.

I have a much larger issue with the lack of a shuffle library option.

Edited by skidmarks

pir8radio

So to be clear, all I want emby to look up is the "ARTIST" image which can be grabbed from a music database...   I would like the music video "ARTIST_or_band" folder to look like the music artist section does

so in this format  Base_folder/Artist_or_Band/musicvideo.vid  when i go to music videos it would look like this:

58bfffa3e470f_Screenshotfrom201703080654

Then when i click 50 Cent i just see a list of videos with normal frame capture images and titles as it is today... so the only thing that is changing in this request is the artist folder to have an artist image

Pretty Please....    :)

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1