External Player Ignored

saj

I have long used mpc-hc64 as my external player in Emby for Media Center. I noticed today that the default player was being used. I checked the configurator, and my external player was no longer listed. I added it back, but I cannot get Emby for Media Center to use the external player. Is there now something else I have to do now? I also specified MPC-HC as the external player in Emby Theater, but the default player is still being used there also. I'm not getting any errors. The external players just seem to be ignored.

Ebr will comment about Emby for WMC but I just tested external players today in Emby Theater with no problem found. You'll probably want to review the video types you've selected for it.

Make sure the video types are correct and also make sure that the EMC machine/user is able to directly access your media.  Confirm that the new "optional network path" is filled in properly in the settings for each location in the library.

Sorry, I had failed to grasp that my network path associations had been lost and had to be redone in the new server, and that this would prevent an external player from working in EMC. Fixing those associations did solve the problem in EMC. Thank you.

I am still not getting it to work in Theater. The external player path looks correct in settings. I have one argument set to {path}. The settings say to apply the external player for video and all video types are checked. If you mean the video types in MPC-HC itself, I have all of them selected also. I still must be missing something.