Shield 2017 emby app 4 lines subs

dayfly

dayfly

I installed the emby app for my 2017 shield but the subtitels dont work very good

when starting a serie/movie i get the message subtitles loading and the dont always show up.

when i click the info button with the playback error it gets fixed but very often i get 3 sometimes 4 lines of subs

see image for example

is there a fix for this ?

post-83083-0-50338600-1488657741_thumb.jpg

post-83083-0-06893000-1488657800_thumb.jpg

post-83083-0-23872800-1488658090_thumb.jpg

post-83083-0-23874100-1488658094_thumb.jpg

If you get the subtitle loading message but they don't ever load it may be that they are having to be extracted from the video which can take quite a long time.  Usually, if this is the case, they will show the next time you play the item (because they don't have to be extracted again because we saved them the first time).  Supplying external subtitles will eliminate this issue as well.

I'm afraid I don't understand what the problem is with the multiple lines of subs.  All the images look fine to me...

dayfly

Strange because in wmc or the shield with kodi emby plugin i never got that message all subs work perfect with the same series or movies.

i only get it with the shield emby app

i never had 3 or 4 lines of subtitles above each other like it shows on the attachments, subtitles are only 2 lines 99% of the time in other players or when watching tv

example the same subtitle screen from iPhone showing 2 lines and not 4 lines like the shield emby app

post-83083-0-82585600-1488661151_thumb.png

Edited by dayfly

nickname

Is it possible to change the font size of the subtitels ?  that could solve the problem of getting 4 lines of subds stacked up

Not at this time but I'll look at possibly making them slightly smaller and widening the space they show in.

• 2 weeks later...

I widened the space for these and reduced the font slightly in the latest beta release (1.3.25).

• 2 weeks later...
dayfly

Thank you got it working

Looks good now thanks ebr!

is it possible to change to position of the subs in the app ? would look better if they were a little bit lower and bit smaller font size or the possibillity to change that also in the app like netflix would be great

is it possible to change to position of the subs in the app ? would look better if they were a little bit lower and bit smaller font size or the possibillity to change that also in the app like netflix would be great

Not at this time.  It is actually possible to get subs displayed in four different ways in the app and we are trying to make our custom ones look like the other ways so it isn't obvious that they are different.