Unhandled exception on win7

avalon65

avalon65

As directed I have attached the 2 files which were produced due to the said error.

When I click on the emby server program it starts to load up untill it reaches about 85 or 90%, and then I get an error message saying : Unhandled Exception, and when I cancel that message, emby server shuts down.

The laptop I am wanting to install the emby server is around 9 years old with a 1.8GHz cpu at 800MHz, and has 8gb of memory, and has windows 7 x64bit.  I know its not fast now by any means.

I have attached them here.

server.txt

unhandled.txt

1) Try restarting the computer

2) Make sure you aren't running the Emby server twice - like once as a service and once as a real program.

avalon65

Well , emby server has now loaded up fully and is running in the taskbar, marvellous.

This was due to a simple thing like restarting the pc. Thank you for that.

Out of interest, did the 2 log file messages tell you anything, or was it one of those things you say first.

The log was a clue but restarting is always a potential remedy :).

Be sure you aren't also starting up the service.  If you never went and configured it to start, then you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Thanks.

avalon65

It is showing in the services tab of task manager, but is shown as stopped, as it is in a windows 10 machine.