Chrome Mobile - Music Progress Bar and Autoplay

theeternalmushroom

theeternalmushroom

Very nice to see Chrome lockscreen support.. but two issues (maybe they are related).. I am on latest Android Chrome beta & 3.25

1. Playlist does not continue after the first song is complete. Chrome simply stops playback.

2. Music current position does not update in Now Playing. If a song is started, and you click now playing ten seconds into the song, it shows the position as 10 seconds but does not progress even though the song keeps playing. Forwarding to a specific position in the song also works fine, but the progress bar gets stuck. Perhaps this is what is leading to the issue above?

Anyone seeing the same behavior?

For #1, it will if you keep the web app open and in the foreground. There's nothing we can do about this since web apps are not able to run in the background. The only fix right now is to use the native Android app.

For #2, in order to converse battery life, the mobile chrome

theeternalmushroom

Ah, bummer. Thanks for the reply. Really hoping for some usability improvements on the music side soon. Lockscreen controls on the app don't seem to work well and general lag makes browsing music less than ideal.

They work perfectly in my testing and I don't see any lag at all. It works fine as long as you can live with the limitations imposed by the browser.

theeternalmushroom

They work perfectly in my testing and I don't see any lag at all. It works fine as long as you can live with the limitations imposed by the browser.

I was referring to the app. I see multiple issues on the app lockscreen. I will post in android app forum