Using re-estuary skin questions and emby questions

skank

skank
Hi im85288
Nice skin ! I might use this skin for a long time, are you the same im as on emby forum?
i'm using emby too, to populate library.
However i have some questions, i hope you will take time to answer
Look at a screenshot i made
7wXFOL2.jpg?1
Is it possible to:
- Get ride of the looking glass (green arrow)
- whats the difference between the yellow (home button) and red arrow (folder icon) , is it possible to merge those 2, or get rid of one.
- is it possible the have the categories items (blue arrow) place next to the other icons (pink arrow place) (my home button should be my movies button)
- add an option to use/not use cases for the movie covers
- is it possible to have a widget "in cinemas" and coming soon?
- have other icons for categories (title, year, actor, moviestudios'...) , including colored ones?
- have other icons for movie genres? i downloaded some via addon, but doesnt work?
- have a nice main background, now its still
Concerning emby:
- i have couple of folders like
- movies.HDTV,  movies.BLURAY, movies.3D, movies kids 3D, movies kids.BLURAY
now i want the skin to have 2 profiles: one for kids and one for adults
do i make these profiles inside kodi or inside emby?
- for adults i want: a categories movies: these should contain all, then a categorie 3D (should contain movies.3D and movies kids.3D etc etc) do i need to use smart playlists from the skin?
can i have widgets for it then in the skin?

Is this just the beginning of your skin or is it almost complete?

skank

Something is seriously wrong with the skin with multiple profiles, trying to login on other profile doesnt work
Can you modify the login screen so 3 icons are horizontal next to eachother instead of the left menu bar being used?

im85288

Hi @@skank - yes this is my skin and yes I think there is only one im85288 :)

As for your questions/queries etc, I hardly ever have time for skinning these days so do not update the skin very often.

To answer one of your more important questions:

"- whats the difference between the yellow (home button) and red arrow (folder icon) , is it possible to merge those 2, or get rid of one."

This skin is different from all the others out there in that I have a separate "Home" screen which has 13 configurable widgets, the home button servers two purposes....1 - it takes you to the home screen when in library mode, 2 - it brings up the widget configuration when already on the home screen.

So to summarize, do not expect quick support with this skin. If there is any urgent bugs I will attempt to resolve them though as this is the skin I use on my various kodi installs. 

skank

Aha thx for the response

Ok for not updating frequently however, 2 things if you could

theres a bug i think with multiple profiles, trying to login one profile gives strange stuff

its unuseable

the other stuff, i see about home screne, but can i merge those 2 ?

im85288

Aha thx for the response

Ok for not updating frequently however, 2 things if you could

theres a bug i think with multiple profiles, trying to login one profile gives strange stuff

its unuseable

the other stuff, i see about home screne, but can i merge those 2 ?

Can you check in the default Estuary skin to see if the multiple profile problem is there too? My version is very much based on the default skin so I would expect things to work the same....so it may actually be a general problem rather than one specific to this skin.

No you cannot merge the two home screens together as the "home" one is custom for this skin....you can use the library mode if you want the behavior of the default estuary skin (but with support for creating custom menu items etc using skin shortcuts)

skank

Can you check in the default Estuary skin to see if the multiple profile problem is there too? My version is very much based on the default skin so I would expect things to work the same....so it may actually be a general problem rather than one specific to this skin.

No you cannot merge the two home screens together as the "home" one is custom for this skin....you can use the library mode if you want the behavior of the default estuary skin (but with support for creating custom menu items etc using skin shortcuts)

i checked with normal default estuary skin, no problems with multiple users, everything works

With your mod, things are fu**ed up when using multiple users

• Like 1

im85288

Any idea when you're next update will be?

Eagerly waiting for the fix :)

Sorry no ETA I'm afraid...it's on my todo list though :)