Trakt plugin broken?

chjohans

chjohans

I've been using the Trakt plugin to synchronize watched status between two Emby installation for several years. I recently re-installed one of the Emby servers, and expected it to get updated playstates when synchronizing with trakt. Not so, and to my horror I see my playstates are all messed up in trakt.

One of the Emby servers have correct playstates, but most shows/movies are now marked as unwatched in my trakt account. And whatever I do I can't seem to update trakt with playstates from the Emby server that have this correct, and I'm now worried that I will get that overwritten by trakt too.

The option "Update watched history on Trakt" in the plugin does not seem to have any effect. If that option is "off" my understanding is that watched status should be synchronized, but that just does not happen.

Any insight on this anyone?

It sounds like you synced data to trakt from the new server that had no watch data.

chjohans

Yes I agree, but I didn't do that. However this solved itself after some time, my trakt watched status is now magically recovered and both Emby installations now have it correct.

I checked the logs and a while ago it only updated a few watched movies/series, but magically the number is now back to what's correct.

Btw I have trakt on the main server set to synchronize with trakt (ignores unwatched from trakt) and on the other server to just get watched status from trakt (again ignores unwatched from trakt).

Works pretty well, but an even better solution would be true server-to-server synch for users and their watched status :)