Wasapi Or Default HDMI Audio Device? & Best Video Renderer?

mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie

Hi 

I was always under the impression that i should be using my AMD HDMI HD audio device for bitstreaming in programs like Emby and Foobar. Someone on an av forum was mentioning i should be using wasapi for my audio settings in Emby Theatre and Foobar. Is this correct, is Wasapi considered better as the audio renderer?

What video renderer is considered the best setting while im at it?

Guest asrequested

I use WASAPI. It's not better in the sense of quality. It's a functionality improvement, as its native.

As for video, madVR gives you the most options for picture control, but requires a little extra processing power.

• Like 2

MadVR for video definitely. Needs a bit of work to setup right, but it's up-scaling power is well worth it. If ET didn't have native support for it, I'd still be using an external player.

• Like 1

mystic.bertie

thanks for the replies everyone, i have set the audio renderer to wasapi and the video renderer to madvr. How can madvr be configured as it only has the smooth motion mode, what should i set it to? 

DrJekle

You will have to first download madvr from madvr.com.  After install there will be a multitude of options to utilize and rules you can make depending on the detected video formats.  I'm currently using it to scale clear QAM standard definition to HD within emby theater.

Guest asrequested

You will have to first download madvr from madvr.com.  After install there will be a multitude of options to utilize and rules you can make depending on the detected video formats.  I'm currently using it to scale clear QAM standard definition to HD within emby theater.

It's already part of ET. You don't need to download it

Guest asrequested

i had to download it to get the most current version of madvr

Babgvant has updated it. Just run edge filters.

mystic.bertie

Babgvant has updated it. Just run edge filters.

what is the edge filters, the only madvr setting is the smooth motion setting that i can see.