Emby on Asustor is not the real Emby experience

itdaboyz

itdaboyz

Hi,

I just want to tell you that if you find Emby really slow on your Asustor's NAS, it's not Emby's fault.

I have an AS302T, and I used Emby on it. Loading time was horribly long, UI was really slow and when I played a movie with my PI it was laggy (and sometimes don't even play until I reboot NAS and PI). On my phone, Emby would never load a movie or a TV show because of loading times. Overhaul my experience with Emby was bad.

Recently, I moved the server part from the NAS to the PI (and kept files on the NAS) and I discover a new Emby. Everything is fast and works like a charm, even on my phone ! Updates come in real time (no need to wait months before the new release from the maintainer) and there is no total data wipe when you update.

And wait, there is more ! My NAS is also now faster for other tasks (like torrents and apps like Sonarr, CouchPotato...).

This message is not a blame against Asustor or the maintainer doing it on his free time, but just a answer to the problems you can find on this plateform. A PI is not expensive, don't wait and use this instead !

Thanks for the feedback. We will be looking at improving the Asustor experience in the near future. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
geetee1

Recently, I moved the server part from the NAS to the PI (and kept files on the NAS) and I discover a new Emby. Everything is fast and works like a charm, even on my phone ! Updates come in real time (no need to wait months before the new release from the maintainer) and there is no total data wipe when you update.

And wait, there is more ! My NAS is also now faster for other tasks (like torrents and apps like Sonarr, CouchPotato...).

mmm having a asustor as302t and having recently acquired a osmc vero 4k im finding having the emby server installed on my 302t is very clunky, my question is , how did you go about moving the emby server to the pi?...as i imagine it could possibly be done on the 4k...regards Graham.

• 4 months later...