Ceton ETH tuner in Emby question

EZEd

I have tried to setup a Ceton ETH (network) tuner in Emby native Live TV server.  It's a no go. I'm trying to understand the differences between the Ceton ETH tuner and the SD HomeRun line of tuners. I have setup Ceton ETH in JRiver Media Center as a DLNA tuner device and when doing so the tuner is recognized as a DLNA device.  However when I try to setup the Ceton ETH as a tuner in Emby Live TV the tuner is not visible.

I also have the SD Homerun Connect tuner that is visible in Emby Live TV and in JRiver Media Center.  Why is Ceton visible in JRiver as a DLNA device and not in Emby Live TV?  What is the difference between the two implementations?

They are all proprietary so they would have to be supported one at a time. I wasn't even aware Ceton had a network tuner.

Nice! 6 tuners in one unit. @@Luke do you think you'll add this to the Emby DVR? I'd love to get one of those.

http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-6-ethernet/

@ - I wouldn't get too excited about the Ceton tuner. As far as everyone can surmise, Ceton has gone out of business from a consumer product stand point and you're likely not going to be able find a new one. You maybe able to get some re-treads from ebay or TGB (4 sale area).

@@Luke - so you're saying that the implementation of DLNA would be different between the different hardware devices?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Guest asrequested

@ - I wouldn't get too excited about the Ceton tuner. As far as everyone can surmise, Ceton has gone out of business from a consumer product stand point and you're likely not going to be able find a new one. You maybe able to get some re-treads from ebay or TGB (4 sale area).

@@Luke - so you're saying that the implementation of DLNA would be different between the different hardware devices?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well, I've already got 2 HDHR Primes. But you can never have too much :)