Thoughtful suggestions for features?

gleep52

gleep52

So far I've gotten such awesome feedback and responses here in the community - I'm well pleased.  I hope that suggestions are welcomed as well...?

Long time plex user here who finds a few features missing in Emby.  With plex, you could rip the "extras" and then label the extra with the same name as the original file with "- extra #" at the end.  On the dashboard movie screen in plex, instead of just the actors at the bottom like Emby, it does a web search and finds interviews and bloopers that exist on the web for that movie, but the extras also show up first in that list.  I have tons of movies with the extras ripped and they all show up with the same name since the - extra scrolls off the screen.  So far I started making collections for these, but it's very time consuming and I miss the other feature such as the web lookups with interviews of cast, and the youtube clips and bloopers.

Is this something that could be implemented into Emby?

We love bloopers here in this house :)

Thanks for listening!

picture attached...

Edit: "Behind the scenes" folder exists for those movies with the extras inside...

post-190417-0-71534400-1488133931_thumb.jpg

Edited by gleep52

gleep52

Weird - I just looked at that specific title in Emby and it already has my extras (just not the web lookups).  I wonder why it worked for that movie in Emby but so many others do not?  

Edited by gleep52

For the ones that worked, vs. the ones that don't, what are the differences in your file naming conventions?

And yes, pulling extras from the web is something we've been thinking about.

gleep52

Naming conventions are identical.  even the spaces before and after dashes from " - Extras 1.mkv"

I'd love to see some blooper web lookups/pulls... those are my favs ;)

Vidman

Plex like Google Play movies, also has actual rotten tomatoes reviews for movies , would that be possible as well?

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

Vidman

The reviews or the tomato icon?

Plex like Google Play movies, also has actual rotten tomatoes reviews for movies , would that be possible as well?

The Android app shows actual reviews Edited by Vidman

Koleckai Silvestri

The Android app shows actual reviews

So does the Web App with the plugin installed. If you don't scroll down, you'll never see them, though. Clicking on the tomato ranking should take you to them.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

gleep52

From my web view I only see the tomato and percent at the top, and a quick snippet at the bottom, but no reviews...?  Attached are pictures.

post-190417-0-08299700-1488245039_thumb.jpg

post-190417-0-56925100-1488245040_thumb.jpg

gleep52

Also - for Ultron (2nd avengers) it doesn't have any Tomato statistics at all... attached are pics.

What am I doing wrong?  There's no settings to configure on the tomato plugin.... :(

post-190417-0-43095300-1488245194_thumb.jpg

post-190417-0-12025500-1488245195_thumb.jpg

gleep52

So does the Web App with the plugin installed. If you don't scroll down, you'll never see them, though. Clicking on the tomato ranking should take you to them.

What area do I click on in my attachments?  I click on both those areas and they do nothing for me :(

Happy2Play

Clicking on the tomato ranking should take you to them.

That was a suggestion.

As for "Ultron (2nd avengers)" al you should have to do is Refresh missing or all metadata.

Koleckai Silvestri

For Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, I have the image below. You have to scroll down past "More like This".  

58b4e6de0dab2_snip_20170227185543.png

gleep52

Attached is what I see on both web and iOS.  I did a refresh and replace all metadata on Ultron, and it still doesn't show reviews.  

post-190417-0-12015300-1488273865_thumb.png

Feature suggestion: Build-A-Skin configurator. For Emby Theater. that any yutz like me could use. Nobprogramming required. Even something simple like Kodi provides as far as building what goes on a main page And the layout of lower pages underneath.

Or more options built into the main skin.

Edited by Marc_G

Koleckai Silvestri

Attached is what I see on both web and iOS.  I did a refresh and replace all metadata on Ultron, and it still doesn't show reviews.  

There is a review in the image that you attached to this post.

gleep52

There is a review in the image that you attached to this post.

It's not a review - it's just the rotten tomato's blerb about it.  Just the heading for the Tomatometer.  The reviews are missing.  When I click on the tomato it flashes but nothing happens... Yours has actual reviews which is awesome.  Plus I still cannot get it to show up on a lot of my movies :(

Vidman

Does the rotten tomatoes plugin periodically refresh/download data? I just installed it see there are no settings or schedule tasks

It is a metadata provider so it would run with all other such providers.

However, RT has recently changed the information they make available so we are going to need to review this.

• Like 1

Vidman

So I would need to refresh existing items to download extra RT metadata?

Also since you replied ebr;) does the Android TV app display the extra RT reviews?

Edited by Vidman