No synchronization after wakeup from Standby (New content/changes on Emby Server)

Kodi_Newcomer

Kodi_Newcomer

Hello Com,

im new to Emby / Emby Server and i dont know it hits is a missing setting from my site.

My client (libreelec) was in standby mode (s3) in this time i have add 15 new episodes on emby server, make some changes on seaoson covers on existing series. In emyb server the folder watch works great, i bring up an popup in seconds when i add new content, genius.

Im so happy, sit on my couch at evening and start my kodi, wake it up from stand by and watched was happend. Hm nothing, no new episodes, no info no changed covers.

I wait and wait and wait, nothing. Directly after start a message came emby server online, thats all.

So i maked an restart of kodi, and from this up emby synced my 15 new episodes. After that he process 1190 items, i think series and episodes ? But why, i dont do anything with it.

After this the new epsiodes was there, the changed covers, all how it should.

But should this not be instantly when i wake up kodi ?

On the emby server i use the kodi queue sync plugin.

Here are the log file

What im doing wrong ? I think that the client must always run to have instant sync is not the idea....

Greet's

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

• 3 weeks later...
Kodi_Newcomer

Hm im realy the only one how had this problem / issue ? Sometime it works, sometime it dont work, when this happens actual changes are dont synchronize to. So i have to do manual or restart kodi.

feerlessleadr

My suggestion would be to have kodi restart whenever you resume from standby. Here is a link with instructions on how to do this.

http://openelec.tv/forum/107-suspend-and-wakeup/73760-restart-kodi-on-resume

This has solved a lot of weird kodi issues for me (been using this restart script for about 2 years now, first with OpenELEC, then with LibreELEC). The added benefit is that when kodi restarts (which is seamless by the way), it will kick off the syn process as if you cold started your machine.

Kodi_Newcomer

THX feerl, i will try this. What ending should the File have ? And should i put ist here ? (/storage/.config/sleep.d) ?

feerlessleadr

So I named the file '01-restart.power' without quotes, with the following inside:

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
pre)
;;
post)
systemctl restart kodi
;;
esac

and put it in /storage/.config/sleep.d/

Hopefully that helps (and works)

Kodi_Newcomer

What ending has this file ? 01-restart.power. ? And where can i find this folder, i cant see it when im looking over network. Im new to LE and Linux.

And how is it running ? Automaticly ? Did LE do the rest ?

You have no problems with it ? I dont know, loose some infos, or become defect db because he restarts and some action is on db or some other files ?

All fine for you ?

Edited by Kodi_Newcomer

feerlessleadr

So just name the file '01-restart.power' the ending is .power.

If you don't have the path '/storage/.config/sleep.d/' create the necessary folders and place the file into the sleep.d folder.

You don't have to configure anything else, LE will automatically relaunch Kodi when you wake up from sleep. I ran that script since the OpenELEC days (so for at least 2 or 3 years), and then again when I switched to LE with absolutely zero problems. 

I highly recommend you configure this and try it out, and worst case, you can always delete the script and go right back to how it was before. 

Kodi_Newcomer

So just name the file '01-restart.power' the ending is .power.

If you don't have the path '/storage/.config/sleep.d/' create the necessary folders and place the file into the sleep.d folder.

You don't have to configure anything else, LE will automatically relaunch Kodi when you wake up from sleep. I ran that script since the OpenELEC days (so for at least 2 or 3 years), and then again when I switched to LE with absolutely zero problems. 

I highly recommend you configure this and try it out, and worst case, you can always delete the script and go right back to how it was before. 

OMG yes, i thought someone like this .sh or .py.

So later i will try it and give feedback. Thanks for your help.

xnappo

I am glad someone posted this here - because I do this too but it has been three years for me as well and I *really* didn't take any notes on how it worked :D

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1