TV Shows and recordings - a better search?

gleep52

gleep52

I'm a long time plex user moving to emby because of the hdhr tuner implementation mostly.  What I'm finding is a bit frustrating.  With Plex, going to the program guide, it just shows all the individual programs NOT in a TV guide style view.  You find the show you want by the thumbnail of the show and record the series.  You can also search for a show.  I always thought it was stupid to not have a TV Guide layout.

Now with Emby I have my TV Guide layout, but not program guide like Plex showed.  I'm finding it difficult to find the shows I want to record.  When I use the search function in Emby, it doesn't let me search the guide specifically, instead it searches the world over as the general search does.  Is there a way to search the TV Guide for a specific show and have it be only the guide, not the world?

• Like 1

BTW - some of the TV apps (Android TV, Fire TV and the new Roku beta) do break out the search results so that you can see upcoming programs more easily.

• Like 1

gleep52

If you want to offer some specific suggestions it would be helpful. thanks !

Well mostly what I'm looking for are TV shows... not news, sports, movies, etc... but I'm guessing that's pulled from the EPG data.  Getting a section called "all episodes" where it just lists a thumbnail and title of all repeating shows over a 2 week period might work best... That would pickup most TV shows... unless there's a week hiatus.  I'll ponder it though.

@@gleep52, we're adding an "Upcoming Episodes" row, to the rows of live tv suggestions that will do just this. Then you can click the more button and see all of them.