Coming Soon - Improved Plug-in Management

ebr

Finally, manage all your plug-ins right inside the main interface.  No more hopping out to the configurator just to install plug-ins.

How many of you didn't even realize there were MBC plugins...?

52ec21f677b15_mbcplugins1.png

52ec22189e9e6_mbcplugins3.png

52f28f3184103_mbcplugins7.png

• Like 23

trusselo

effin eh!

ive always wondered if some users were having trouble finding the plugins configurator.

Edited by trusselo

If you started in MB2, then you probably knew that you had to do somethings in the configurator, like installing plug-ins or entering the weather information. You also had to go there if you have to mount ISO files.

I like this approach much better as in theory you can leave MBC open all of the time, and you can do most of the configuration using MBC or the web client, which you can access from any internet enabled device, so this minimizes the exposure ti "Windows"

The plan is to eliminate the need for the configurator with the exception of external player setup.  That may stay in there for a while because it is pretty complex and not as high-value.

leedavies

This is an absolutely fantastic enhancement @@ebr.  Love it.

Really, really great to have Plugins feel so much more an integral part of MBC and much, much easier to find, install, get updates for and to buy.

LOVE IT .  ABSOLUTE GOLDEN WORK!!!  THANK YOU

Any way of updating plugin without having to exit/restart MBC?

No, there is no way (that I know of) to "unload" an assembly in .net.

• 1 month later...
blixt99

With the slow demise of Configurator, and reincarnation in MBC why is the rollback option gone? In the past

I've found if I'm having problems with a Theme or other plug-in I could reinstall an earlier version of a Theme that

was working for me and wait til the newer vesion met my needs or turned out to be not usable.

It is just a complexity that was expendable given our new dev/beta/release levels.  it is expected that plug-in devs would put out early releases at the dev and beta level and keep the release level to only stable versions.  That way, the user can select their level of sensitivity to changes and bugs.

It is simply too difficult to support a product like this with tons of different versions so we expect people to be on the latest stable versions available.  With the next release of MBC the default behaviour will be to silently keep all your plug-ins up to date at the level you select.  It is this kind of "hands-free" operation we are trying to move towards as opposed to the manual selection and update of the old world.