Iptv guide issues

Sphno1

Hi I have my iptv from a paid subscription the links mostly automatically map once added in. The issue I have is the guide sorting as I cannot change the info. I have sorted with favourites which works until the links are updated then it all flies out of sync again can someone assist me on a way to auto sync the guide or have it set and delete all the vod from the listing. I cannot change the m3u file as I will be constantly doing so once links change.

Thanks

Regards

• Like 1

maegibbons

Hi

Channels really should not change that much except VOD and it sounds you want to get rid of that anyway.

Generally the best way is to generate your own m3u based on the channels you want in the guide with whatever channel number you want to give them.

Thats what I and a few others do.

Who is your IPTV supplier?

Krs

Mark

Yeah I get all my films and shows through usenet so they all sync so not bothered about Vod, I'm using root iptv I've not been using them long but their streams are good.

Il give that a try later and see how long the links last.

Regards

Sam

Regards

Basically the issue is the streams all have random channel numbers due to their links. I can order these by putting these into favourites which takes forever. I have deleted the vod section now which makes it a lot better. But is there no way within emby to add my own channel numbers for sorting.

Regards

maegibbons

Well you can add the channel-id tag to the m3u so you can sort however you like.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

Yeah I've been doing that it works for some but il look at it all over the weekend I've got a few hundred channels to edit

Regards

maegibbons

I imported it all in to Access database and then write out the m3u file using a filter of the channels i want.

Krs

Mark

Sorry could you explain your process in access a bit more for me as I think I'll do that if I can quickly edit them in bulk.

Cheers

Regards

It's okay thanks for your time, I've just finished editing all my channels was a bit long winded but all in good sequence and mapped.

Regards Sam

Regards