Directories

fantaxp7

fantaxp7

I think it would be best to have one area in the config to re-assign directory locations for common items like Transcoding and Sync. 

The reason being I had no idea that Sync had a setup for a custom directory and my unraid cache disk filled after Emby repeatedly failed and began transcode for a sync (I believe). After clearing out the Sync directory my unraid went into normal operation.

And perhaps having a link on the dashboard right around the area where you see your IP would be a good place. Bring it to the users attention that there is one central location to adjust these directories that may take up a lot of space.

Also, if at all possible, give usage warnings or stop processes that are filling up the disk. 

• Like 4

MSattler

I think it would be best to have one area in the config to re-assign directory locations for common items like Transcoding and Sync. 

The reason being I had no idea that Sync had a setup for a custom directory and my unraid cache disk filled after Emby repeatedly failed and began transcode for a sync (I believe). After clearing out the Sync directory my unraid went into normal operation.

And perhaps having a link on the dashboard right around the area where you see your IP would be a good place. Bring it to the users attention that there is one central location to adjust these directories that may take up a lot of space.

Also, if at all possible, give usage warnings or stop processes that are filling up the disk. 

Agreed. 

It would be nice if we could get something like this:

Sync Directory:               Space Utilized:               Free Disk Space

D:\Sync                             58Gb                                   5Gb

• Like 1

mastrmind11

The options to specify temporary dirs for both transcoding and syncing are already available under their respective sections of the server admin page.

fantaxp7

The options to specify temporary dirs for both transcoding and syncing are already available under their respective sections of the server admin page.

Yep. I think it best to have a link on the dashboard to take you to a page where all directories that take up space can be configured.  

They don't really relate to each other though. I can understand you can argue this either way,  should they be in a dedicated paths section, or a section related the topic (e.g. Transcoding).

fantaxp7

They don't really relate to each other though. I can understand you can argue this either way,  should they be in a dedicated paths section, or a section related the topic (e.g. Transcoding).

I agree they are not much related, however, having one section to assign the directories that will likely eat up disk space would save time for the user to re-assign directories and make people aware.

Just a thought.

This is the second time I've had files eat up disk space and make my system unusable. It would be nice to have a notification or something at least. Or prevent write when disk usage is high.

Thanks

Latchmor

Why would you need Emby to show you disk space, when you can login to the system and see this for yourself?

I didn't say it was needed I said it would be handy. I was merely linking to a post of mine with similar content. Back then my SSD was smaller so it would've been 'handier' now my SSD is bigger so no problem.

When I go full ET to replace WMC my recordings will be on a separate server drive (not in my normal media location) so again it would just be handy to see what space is there without having to remote access the server, like on a mobile phone dashboard.