Live TV streaming via Charter CDN

brokendash

brokendash

I've tinkered around and have been able to add some of the charter cdn live tv streams into Emby and I'm wondering if anyone else has discovered a faster method for importing the streams that are accessible. I was hoping for a way to have it parse out the xml from the root of the CDN url importing the apple.mpegurl refferences for the 0-3.m3u8 playlists etc.. 

brokendash

Cool so it sounds like I'm blazing new trails here then.... :-) From what I can tell so far this appears to be some Adobe media suite with authorization etc.. ultimately when you drill down into the container folders there are m3u8 playlists for streaming SD, HD720 and HD1080 quality streams. Things are working as a LiveTV tuner but I'm having to manually create a master m3u with the info so that it populates into the LiveTV area within Emby with schedulesdirect functioning.  :-)  I'm wishing could try the record functionality to see how my system performs since its a few years old. Does a unstable source tree exist where I could have full functionality at least with the unstable version or something to that effect?

maegibbons

So why do you need an unstable tree?  Emby records just fine from m3u streams.

Do not actually know what Charter CDN is.  What is it?

Can you share the m3u and xml so we can take a look or is it subscription based?

Krs

Mark