Few issues with recording schedule

denz

There are few issue with my recording schedule some of this has been reported elsewhere and all of there issues are related

1) New episode of Scorpion which is part of scheduled recording is set to not record it has a grey series indicator.

2) Daily Soaps even though I don't watch it has scheduled to record only one episode per week even though all the episoded are tagged as new

3) When you override a recording and go back in the tv guide you see a recording and grey series indicator

4) When you do want to overide you should be able to click on that episode in the series recording screen and that should bring up a recording screen now you have to look at the date and time then search for it in the tv guide to record it.

Thank you

58ad770f2e905_Capture52.jpg

58ad772b4937f_Capture58.jpg

All episodes are tagged as new so they all should be recorded even changing it to record all episodes it still shows that only one episode will record.

58ad773cdf68f_Capture56.jpg

This doesn't look good there should only be one icon so maybe there should be a combination of two.

58ad77c4b3e0e_Capture90.jpg

Here it is for Scorpion

<programme channel="25" stop="20170225113000 +0000" start="20170225103000 +0000">
<title lang="en">Scorpion</title>
<sub-title lang="en">Hard Knox</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">In order to test their security, the Defense Department hires Team Scorpion to break into Fort Knox. However, what they discover is something quite dangerous. (United States, English)</desc>
<credits>
<actor>Elyes Gabel</actor>
<actor>Katharine McPhee</actor>
<actor>Ari Stidham</actor>
<actor>Robert Patrick</actor>
<actor>Eddie Kaye Thomas</actor>
</credits>
<category lang="en">Action</category>
<category lang="en">Drama</category>
<language lang="en">English</language>
<country lang="en">United States</country>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">1.21.</episode-num>
<episode-num system="icetv">39302-245561</episode-num>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
</video>
<subtitles type="teletext"/>
<rating system="">
<value>PG</value>
</rating>
</programme>

This is of neighbours as you can see it doesn't have repeat flag so it should be recorded and even when I change to all episodes it still does the same. I have asked icetv and they said there are so many episodes we are talking over 30 years that they just have the id. Many shows are like that they only have icetv id.

<lang="<programme channel="1698" stop="20170223110000 +0000" start="20170223103000 +0000">
<title lang="en">Neighbours</title>
<desc lang="en">Follow the personal dramas of suburban families living in the fictional Melbourne suburb of Erinsborough as they fall in love, fall out with friends and cope with the trials and tribulations of everyday life. Ramsay Street entered Aussie TV folklore in 1985 and after an initial hiccup (cancellation!), it's been going strong ever since.(Australia, English)</desc>
<date>1985</date>
<category lang="en">Soap Opera</category>
<language lang="en">English</language>
<country lang="en">Australia</country>
<episode-num system="icetv">125-0</episode-num>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
</video>
<subtitles type="teletext"/>
<rating system="">
<value>G</value>
</rating>
</programme>

wait are you sure that's the right xml? in your screenshot above it's season 2, ep. 22, but in your xml it's season 1, ep. 21.

Yes I am sure I copied the link that is in live tv settings. I think the xmltv standard starts from 0 so emby always adds 1 I noticed it does that for every series that have xmltv_ns

Found this

http://xml.coverpages.org/XMLTV-DTD-20021210.html

xmltv_ns: This is intended to be a general way to number episodes and
parts of multi-part episodes.  It is three numbers separated by dots,
the first is the series or season, the second the episode number
within that series, and the third the part number, if the programme is
part of a two-parter.  All these numbers are indexed from zero, and
they can be given in the form 'X/Y' to show series X out of Y series
made, or episode X out of Y episodes in this series, or part X of a
Y-part episode.  If any of these aren't known they can be omitted.
You can put spaces whereever you like to make things easier to read.

Edited by denz

This is getting interesting there was a change of schedule so emby should have cleared the series recording indicator. Now in its place is ice age so it looks like emby is locking on the time but not the title.

58af8fc74d44b_Capture9.jpg

58af90374b9a7_Capture90.jpg

Also I already have that one in the library but it is a different title I just had a look I had ticked do not record episodes that are in my library. When I search for Scorpion Hard Knox in imdb it says it is season 2 episode 22. Twist and shout is season 2 but episode 21.

58af90703e486_Capture3.jpg

Edited by denz

I think that is why it didn't schedule and it makes sense, but still the series recording is incorrect it now has that it is not going to record "Movie: Ice Age"  so the filter is not working properly.