Filter Collections based on user

raven-au

raven-au

Hi all,

Not sure where to post this because I have observed it on the Web App and the Android TV app.

If there are two libraries that contain Movies called, say, Movies and Kids Movies.

Suppose one user, say Family, has access to the Movies library but not the Kids Movies library, and another user, say Kids, has access to the Kids Movies library but not the Movies library.

Logining into the Family user using the Web App, going to Movies then Collections shows all movie collections from the Movies and Kids Movies libraries.

Selecting a Kids Movies Collection it's seen as empty which isn't all that useful.

But on the Android TV app, logged in as user Family, selecting a Kids Movies Collection from the Collection bar hangs the Android TV app which isn't so good.

Shouldn't the collections list be filtered based on what libraries the logged in user has access too?

In the panel that shows all movies this filtering is done in both the Web App and the Android TV app.

Edited by raven-au
  • Like 1

mastrmind11

I have a similar setup as yours, and have it set up like this:

Deselect the auto-group into collection feature and select the show a collections folder for collections feature.  

I don't know if you've discovered a bug or not, but this way definitely works.

There's an open issue about this. Collection content will be properly hidden but the collections themselves will show at the moment. Thanks !

• 3 months later...