Scene Play

Diedrich

Diedrich

Scene Play: A new play option (similar to Resume) where the user can play a movie or TV show directly from a user-specified time code within the media.

Why: You absolutely love that one scene in movie XYZ that you just can't get enough of and you want to watch it over and over again - Scene Play would give you instant access to jump directly to your bookmarked time code to play that scene. Or what if you have a major craving to watch just that one scene during the day but don't want to load the movie to then have to search the time code for that PERFECT spot.

Important Note!: The other HUGE advantage of this is that Scene Play will NOT save play progress! Therefore, you will not have a huge laundry list of half-played movies just because you wanted to watch the Star Trek: Beyond's Beastie Boys scene while at lunch. It then saves you from having to rewind the video to the beginning to reset play progress to zero.

User UI:

Media's main screen: Next to the Play button you will have a new Scene Play button. Tap that button and you will get

1. No scenes set

2. Play from scene 1

3. Play from scene 2

4. ...etc

This pop-up box would be fixed height and scrollable.

While playing the movie (OSD): There will be a new button to tag a time code as Scene 1, 2, 3, etc. Numerical sequencing would be automatic with no user ability to change the numbers (to keep it simple within the code). This button would essentially be the same as the Scene Play button mentioned above, except now the user has the ability to add a tagged scene at the current time code. Play state shouldn't matter (playing/paused) since it's simply grabbing the time code at the time the button was pressed and saving it as a bookmark of sorts.

Be the coolest and ONLY media player in town to add this new feature to your user experience!

Edited by dvgmar

ginjaninja

If you add chapters to the file itself using a 3rd party app, this feature is somewhat already provided (play chapter). Emby extracts chapter time and name. Although not as useable as being able to set bookmarks directly from the client ui during playback.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Diedrich

Damn, and here I thought I had an original idea.

The difference between Scene Play and chapter play is that some chapters don't start exactly where YOU want to start playback.

And, as mentioned above, another important feature is that play progress is not saved so that you won't have half-played movies cluttering your home screen.

Edited by dvgmar