Automatic PIN entry for extenders?

rabbit1543

rabbit1543

Hi there,

Long time user first time poster. I have been running MB3 on a secondary pc for some time now and i have to say that it is just awesome. I have also been running MB2 on my main HTPC that has my extenders connected to it. Last night i decided to go away with the old MB2 and upgrade to MBC. On the main pc i am able to log in to the MB3 server but on the extenders it always prompts for a PIN. This wouldnt be a problem but i am using a password instead of a numeric PIN. The reason for the password is so that i can access media on my synology NAS. Using a username and password that exists on my NAS allowed me to play media on the NAS with the MBT client. I tried searching to see if there is a option for auto PIN entry fr extenders but came up short. Is this possible? Id rather not change the NAS account to a numeric only PIN since i use this account for my PCs as well. Thanks

This will get a lot easier with the next release as the option to auto login will be inside the config page in MBC.

Right now to make it work you'll need to find the common config file under the Windows user for the extender (mcx_1 or something like that) and manually edit it.

rabbit1543

Thanks,

I was just jumping back to this post to say that i think i figured it out. I copied the hashed password into the mcx profile and looks like it worked. Now to copy these profiles to the rest of the extender accounts.