Error playing .mkvs on Sony BDP-S4500 (2015 Blu-Ray player)

ionutm80

ionutm80

Hi guys,

I have a strange issue regarding usage of DLNA playback wit EMBY for a Sony BDP-S4500 blu-ray player (2015 model)

All my files are blu-ray rips with MakeMKV of original disks, AVC, Profile 4.1, 3 audio tracks: DTS-HD MA 5.1, Ac3 5.1 and AAC 2.0 (converted with eac3to from DTS-HD), 3 subtitles: 2 internal (PGS and Idx/Sub) and 1 external (.srt).

Whenever I try to play these files on the BDP-S4500 I get the message "Corrupted file or unsupported format". The same files plays very well on a Sony Bravia TV from 2011 (KDL-26EX320, much weaker hardware than a blu-ray player from 2015). Also Plex plays the files with AVC original stream and DTS-HD MA stream very well but w/o any form of subtitles (not even if forced transcoding) while Serviio can play with external .srt subtitles by transcoding to mpeg2ts and AC3 while w/o subtitles it can play the same as Plex.

I would really prefer to use Emby since this is what I'm using for Android/Chromecast 2 and because of the GPU transcoding which works remarkably well on an I3 7100.

Any idea how can I debug the issue? What do I need to provide?

Thanks a lot in advance. 

ionutm80

Hi Luke, I wiil be back by the end of the week with the requested logs (I'm abroad until then). In the meantime I have created a custom profile based on Sony Blu-Ray Players 2015 (I saw that only 1500, 3500 amd 6500) were included and it works but not for all files, it's a hit and miss in fact. I will come back as said with the logs for files with error. One quick strange thing I've noticed is that when a file is not playable it does not show the corrupted or unsupported message but skip directly to the next playable one and starts to play, a totally different movie though ...

Yea when you're using DLNA we have no control over how the player will react when there is a video failure. Some devices may give you an error message while others may just go to the next file.

ionutm80

Hi Luke,

As promised I'm coming back with the requested logs. I have tried 2 profiles: one based on Sony Blu-Ray Players 2015 and one on the 2016, hence 2 sets of logs for server and FFMPEG. At first attempt with 2016 profile the movie started but at second attempt it failed also with this profile. With 2015 profile it didn't work at all each time I tried. It seems very hit and miss. I remember you were mentioning that you too own a BDP-S3700 and for you everything works perfect. Can you figure out from the logs what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

FFMPEG 2015 1.txt

FFMPEG 2016.txt

Server 2015.txt

Server 2016.txt

Edited by ionutm80