IPTV - M3U - NOOB Questions

pir8radio

pir8radio

Ok, lets say I'm going to ditch Comcast and the HDHomerun.    What comparable IPTV setup could I configure in emby without other plugins?  I want the guide to work, and i want either free or paid IPTV setup in emby I assume with the M3U playlist option?  Give me some tips, or examples please... 

Nikolaech

The operator of IP TV is not prompt. Each country has its.
IP TV no problem.
IP TV > dashboard > Live TV > add > M3U
Guide > dashboard > Live TV > add > xml TV/Schedules Direct/other

• 2 weeks later...
knuckle

I wanted to follow up on this question ... is IPTV just a link through or does the Emby server have to do a lot of heavy lifting on this ?

pir8radio

What little testing I have done, it appears Emby relays the stream. Transcoding if needed. The client doesn't connect directly to the ip TV stream.

Guest asrequested

IPTV is very interesting to me. My two concerns are, interent data usage (would be moot if I paid for unlimited data), and plug 'n' play implementation with native support. I like using Emby's built in TV/recording. If Emby were to fully support some IPTV services, meaning that they could be added like schedules direct.

I'd want to 'juice up' my internet bandwidth, too. But I like the idea of no external TV tuners, and extra cables.

pir8radio

IPTV is very interesting to me. My two concerns are, interent data usage (would be moot if I paid for unlimited data), and plug 'n' play implementation with native support. I like using Emby's built in TV/recording. If Emby were to fully support some IPTV services, meaning that they could be added like schedules direct.

I'd want to 'juice up' my internet bandwidth, too. But I like the idea of no external TV tuners, and extra cables.

I would love to pay for a legit iptv m3u provider, however there are none.. lol   I can find all kinds of shady playlist providers.  but ehh....    If someone knows of a reliable US iptv playlist provider PM me the info..   But the ones I have tested are seedy and unreliable at best.   :)

pir8radio

lol they accept bitcoin...    But Ill look into them a bit more...   Maybe give them a try.  They are overseas as well...

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

I've seen Sling advertised on TV, that's why I thought of it

Oh sling, i was talking about the second link...  Yea I dont know about sling I'll look at that too! But I'm pretty sure they do not offer m3u's and you need their app to access it.   :)

Edited by pir8radio