No audio only video

weedos123

weedos123

So after trying out ET on Linux and raspberry pi and finding, that even though its a work in progress, I like it a lot, I bootcamped my mac mini, which I use as a htpc and put on a copy of windows 10 and ET on it, trouble is what ever I do I get no sound.

My set up is a Linux server supplying video and tv to the mac, which is connect via USB to an exasound multichannel dac and on to power amp and speakers. No AVR or processor in the chain. The dac has asio drivers for windows which enables audio to be diverted to the USB bus and so the dac appears as an audio device to windows, both JRiver and Roon happily find the dac and audio is heard, but not Emby or plex for that matter. If I set the audio to be played via hdmi to my tv internal speakers, sound is heard.

In ET under the audio settings for Audio renderer, I get the choice of default, reclock or waspi for waspi audio device, I get default device or remote. No matter which ones I choose I get no sound. I tried all combinations.

I put this down to user incompetence with windows as this is my first foray into windows, being a mac and Linux user for years. What have I done wrong? Any help would be most welcome.

Paul

weedos123

Hi Luke

No windows isn't muted, the other software plays quite happily.

For bitstreaming of the choice of hdmi, spdif and none, I have it set to none as the dac doesn't decode only converts to analogue. I suppose it was here that I was hoping to see USB\the dac itself. If I set it hdmi I can get audio via the tv

Thanks

Paul

Edited by weedos123