Any way to find movies that haven't been scanned/matched by emby?

Jack Burton
Go to solution Solved by CharleyVarrick,

Jack Burton

I was playing with the statistics plugin and noticed I have 3 more movie folders than it says I have movies, so somewhere I have 3 movies that weren't scanned or found by emby. Aside from hunting through over 1000 movie folders, is there a way to check for any folder emby didn't find a match for? I remember a feature like this with Kodi which was how I changed my formats for a ton of movies and shows.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Nope, this feature is lacking, sadly.

I have 13k movies and 11K tv episodes, and nothing to tell me if their all accounted for, except taking a 6 months work leave and going thru them 1 at a time.

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

I remember a feature like this with Kodi which was how I changed my formats for a ton of movies and shows.

Missing Movie Scanner plugin, works great on standalone Kodi, but useless when combined to Emby peculiar "mac adress" file path 

Happy2Play

I was playing with the statistics plugin and noticed I have 3 more movie folders than it says I have movies, so somewhere I have 3 movies that weren't scanned or found by emby. Aside from hunting through over 1000 movie folders, is there a way to check for any folder emby didn't find a match for? I remember a feature like this with Kodi which was how I changed my formats for a ton of movies and shows.

Where are you comparing the movie count from? 

I just compared Reports 'Movie" (3075) and added up the list on the statics plugin (3082).

Technically they are equal when you figured in the grouped "Collections".  I ungrouped Collections and the both show 3082.

Edited by Happy2Play

Rumbaar

I used an external program called Media Center Master that is my primary metadata handler.  This has the ability to display media that is missing various amounts of data, thus missing from your EMBY library.  It does have paid functionality, but I'm sure that feature is part of it's free usage.   Could give that a look at?

Jack Burton

Where are you comparing the movie count from? 

I just compared Reports 'Movie" (3075) and added up the list on the statics plugin (3082).

Technically they are equal when you figured in the grouped "Collections".  I ungrouped Collections and the both show 3082.

I used the statistics plugin. tv shows are right, but movies are off. Statistics plugin says 1346 movies, but I added up the folders of4 drives and got 1349 folders/movies. Definitely not a collections issue, as Emby Theatre reports a movie count based on items, which is 1040ish, meaning around 300 movies are grouped in collections. There's a 3 movie discrepancy between them. Ungrouping still results in 1346 movies, while my movie folder count is 1349

Jack Burton

I used an external program called Media Center Master that is my primary metadata handler.  This has the ability to display media that is missing various amounts of data, thus missing from your EMBY library.  It does have paid functionality, but I'm sure that feature is part of it's free usage.   Could give that a look at?

Cool, thanx. I'll give this a look. Appreciate the help

PenkethBoy

for a movie count via windows explorer put "kind:=video" into the top right search box - this will include all video files from the directory you are currently in say your "Movies" root folder and all sub folders

to eliminate extras use the following "kind:=video -folder:extras" or if you just want an extras count do "kind:=video folder:extras"

there are lots of ways to customise the search - works fine on network drives as well just a bit slower

depending on your version of windows the syntax maybe slightly different 

explorer gives you a total of items found

ps you dont need the "  :)

Happy2Play

for a movie count via windows explorer put "kind:=video" into the top right search box - this will include all video files from the directory you are currently in say your "Movies" root folder and all sub folders

to eliminate extras use the following "kind:=video -folder:extras" or if you just want an extras count do "kind:=video folder:extras"

there are lots of ways to customise the search - works fine on network drives as well just a bit slower

ps you dont need the "   :)

That would never work for me as I have local trailers also.  But I see OP concern as Emby should reflect at least as may folders that reside in parent folder.  So OP either has 3 folders with no content or maybe unknown format so they are not processed.

Jack Burton

ps you dont need the "   :)

Thanx, I gave it a go and wound up with quite a bit more files than I expected, because it's including the theme videos as well. I swapped theme in "kind:=video -folder:extras"

instead of extras, but realized it wouldn't do anything since extras is a folder and themes are in the main folder per movie.

The problem is even if theme videos were omitted I'd get one of two outcomes. Either the total would be 1346 videos like the statistics plugin says, and I have 3 empty folders that I have no way of knowing which without going through each one, or I have 1349 videos, which would match my folder count but again have know way of knowing which 3 aren't showing up on Emby.

PenkethBoy

Thanx, I gave it a go and wound up with quite a bit more files than I expected, because it's including the theme videos as well. I swapped theme in "kind:=video -folder:extras"

instead of extras, but realized it wouldn't do anything since extras is a folder and themes are in the main folder per movie.

The problem is even if theme videos were omitted I'd get one of two outcomes. Either the total would be 1346 videos like the statistics plugin says, and I have 3 empty folders that I have no way of knowing which without going through each one, or I have 1349 videos, which would match my folder count but again have know way of knowing which 3 aren't showing up on Emby.

what you need is "kind:=folder size:empty" will bring up a all empty folders

as for eliminating trailers - could be done by name assuming they have a common syntax - say "trailer" :)

more likely is that they do not so do it by size

e.g. "kind:=video size:=>1GB" Or whatever size should eliminate all trailers or theme videos as both likely to be only a few minutes long compared to the movie

PenkethBoy

That would never work for me as I have local trailers also.  But I see OP concern as Emby should reflect at least as may folders that reside in parent folder.  So OP either has 3 folders with no content or maybe unknown format so they are not processed.

Not being creative enough it will work with a little modification :)

But yes the reporting/finding inconsistencies in your data needs a big overhaul as i doubt many use reporting a lot on a regular basis - easier to do it directly on the db

PenkethBoy

Sorry that size:empty does not work on my win10 machine - but you can do it with a powershell command

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff730953.aspx

(Get-ChildItem C:\Scripts -recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer -eq $True}) | Where-Object {$_.GetFiles().Count -eq 0} | Select-Object FullName

which i tested this time - need an elevated PS windows to run and change "C:\scripts" to wherever your data store is

you get a few directories which are top level that only have other folders in but its easy to filter those out once you copy to excel the results

Example output

FullName
--------
M:\Movies\Avatar
M:\Movies\Blade Runner
M:\Movies\Terminator
M:\Movies\300
M:\Movies\LOTR
M:\Movies\Starship Troopers
M:\Movies\Underworld
M:\Movies\Gravity
M:\Movies\Live Die Repeat
M:\Movies\Jack Reacher
M:\Movies\Jurassic Park
M:\Movies\Mad Max
M:\Movies\Olympus Has Fallen
M:\Movies\Godzilla
M:\Movies\Star Trek
M:\Movies\The Hobbit
M:\Movies\Battlestar Galactica
M:\Movies\Star Wars
M:\Movies\Riddick
M:\Movies\Sin City
M:\Movies\Dredd
M:\Movies\Serenity
M:\Movies\Ender's Game
M:\Movies\Blade
M:\Movies\Doom
M:\Movies\San Andreas
M:\Movies\AVP
M:\Movies\R.I.P.D
M:\Movies\Ghost Rider
M:\Movies\Babylon 5
M:\Movies\MIB
M:\Movies\Oblivion
M:\Movies\Twelve Monkeys
M:\Movies\Battleship
M:\Movies\Hot Fuzz
M:\Movies\Saving Private Ryan
M:\Movies\The Martian
M:\Movies\Lucy
M:\Movies\American Sniper
M:\Movies\Hellboy
M:\Movies\Sicario
M:\Movies\Bourne
M:\Movies\Deadpool
M:\Movies\Iron Man
M:\Movies\Captain America
M:\Movies\The Equalizer
M:\Movies\Avengers
M:\Movies\Kingsman
M:\Movies\Pacific Rim
M:\Movies\MASH
M:\Movies\Interstellar
M:\Movies\Jupiter Ascending
M:\Movies\Guardians of the Galaxy
M:\Movies\John Wick
M:\Movies\Wild
M:\Movies\Elysium
M:\Movies\Thor
M:\Movies\BeetleJuice
M:\Movies\Ronin
M:\Movies\Lawrence of Arabia
M:\Movies\Zero Dark Thirty
M:\Movies\Only Lovers Left Alive
M:\Movies\La Femme Nikita
M:\Movies\Where Eagles Dare
M:\Movies\Le Mans
M:\Movies\The Hunt for Red October
M:\Movies\Escape from New York
M:\Movies\Apollo 13
M:\Movies\The Evil Dead
M:\Movies\Steve Jobs
M:\Movies\Das Boot
M:\Movies\Warcraft
M:\Movies\Zulu
M:\Movies\Full Metal Jacket
M:\Movies\About Time
M:\Movies\Four Weddings and a Funeral
M:\Movies\Love Actually
M:\Movies\Notting Hill
M:\Movies\Once Upon A Time in the ...
M:\Movies\Pretty Woman
M:\Movies\The Dam Busters
M:\Movies\The Italian Job
M:\Movies\The Book of ELI
M:\Movies\Predator
M:\Movies\The Blues Brothers
M:\Movies\The Breakfast Club
M:\Movies\Dark Star
M:\Movies\Erin Brockovich
M:\Movies\Hitman
M:\Movies\Silent Running
M:\Movies\The Sting
M:\Movies\The Commitments
M:\Movies\V for Vendetta
M:\Movies\Watchmen
M:\Movies\The Wild Bunch
M:\Movies\The IPCRESS File
M:\Movies\The Guns of Navarone
M:\Movies\The Searchers
M:\Movies\Rio Bravo
M:\Movies\Pale Rider
M:\Movies\Indiana Jones
M:\Movies\How the West was Won
M:\Movies\Gladiator
M:\Movies\Close Encounters of the ...
M:\Movies\Constantine
M:\Movies\The Fifth Element
M:\Movies\X-Men
M:\Movies\A Fistful of Dollars
M:\Movies\For a Few Dollars More
M:\Movies\Hang em High
M:\Movies\The Good the Bad and the...
M:\Movies\2001 A Space Odyssey
M:\Movies\Escape From LA
M:\Movies\From Dusk Till Dawn
M:\Movies\Hansel and Gretel Witch ...
M:\Movies\Leon The Professional
M:\Movies\The Shawshank Redemption
M:\Movies\Van Helsing
M:\Movies\Soldier
M:\Movies\Alien
M:\Movies\Two Mules For Sister Sara
M:\Movies\Coogans Bluff
M:\Movies\The Beguiled
M:\Movies\Play Misty for Me
M:\Movies\Joe Kidd
M:\Movies\High Plains Drifter
M:\Movies\The Eiger Sanction
M:\Movies\Breezy
M:\Movies\22 Bullets
M:\Movies\Priest
M:\Movies\Pulp Fiction
M:\Movies\I, Robot
M:\Movies\GI Joe
M:\Movies\An American Werewolf in ...
M:\Movies\The Hurt Locker
M:\Movies\AVP\AVP (2004)\Extras
M:\Movies\Alien\Alien (1979)\Extras
M:\Movies\Alien\Aliens (1986)\Extras
M:\Movies\Alien\Alien Resurrection...
M:\Movies\Alien\Alien3 (1992)\Extras

Happy2Play

Sorry that size:empty does not work on my win10 machine - but you can do it with a powershell command

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff730953.aspx

(Get-ChildItem C:\Scripts -recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer -eq $True}) | Where-Object {$_.GetFiles().Count -eq 0} | Select-Object FullName

which i tested this time - need an elevated PS windows to run and change "C:\scripts" to wherever your data store is

you get a few directories which are top level that only have other folders in but its easy to filter those out once you copy to excel the results

Example output

FullName
--------
M:\Movies\Avatar
M:\Movies\Blade Runner
M:\Movies\Terminator
M:\Movies\300
M:\Movies\LOTR
M:\Movies\Starship Troopers
M:\Movies\Underworld
M:\Movies\Gravity
M:\Movies\Live Die Repeat
M:\Movies\Jack Reacher
M:\Movies\Jurassic Park
M:\Movies\Mad Max
M:\Movies\Olympus Has Fallen
M:\Movies\Godzilla
M:\Movies\Star Trek
M:\Movies\The Hobbit
M:\Movies\Battlestar Galactica
M:\Movies\Star Wars
M:\Movies\Riddick
M:\Movies\Sin City
M:\Movies\Dredd
M:\Movies\Serenity
M:\Movies\Ender's Game
M:\Movies\Blade
M:\Movies\Doom
M:\Movies\San Andreas
M:\Movies\AVP
M:\Movies\R.I.P.D
M:\Movies\Ghost Rider
M:\Movies\Babylon 5
M:\Movies\MIB
M:\Movies\Oblivion
M:\Movies\Twelve Monkeys
M:\Movies\Battleship
M:\Movies\Hot Fuzz
M:\Movies\Saving Private Ryan
M:\Movies\The Martian
M:\Movies\Lucy
M:\Movies\American Sniper
M:\Movies\Hellboy
M:\Movies\Sicario
M:\Movies\Bourne
M:\Movies\Deadpool
M:\Movies\Iron Man
M:\Movies\Captain America
M:\Movies\The Equalizer
M:\Movies\Avengers
M:\Movies\Kingsman
M:\Movies\Pacific Rim
M:\Movies\MASH
M:\Movies\Interstellar
M:\Movies\Jupiter Ascending
M:\Movies\Guardians of the Galaxy
M:\Movies\John Wick
M:\Movies\Wild
M:\Movies\Elysium
M:\Movies\Thor
M:\Movies\BeetleJuice
M:\Movies\Ronin
M:\Movies\Lawrence of Arabia
M:\Movies\Zero Dark Thirty
M:\Movies\Only Lovers Left Alive
M:\Movies\La Femme Nikita
M:\Movies\Where Eagles Dare
M:\Movies\Le Mans
M:\Movies\The Hunt for Red October
M:\Movies\Escape from New York
M:\Movies\Apollo 13
M:\Movies\The Evil Dead
M:\Movies\Steve Jobs
M:\Movies\Das Boot
M:\Movies\Warcraft
M:\Movies\Zulu
M:\Movies\Full Metal Jacket
M:\Movies\About Time
M:\Movies\Four Weddings and a Funeral
M:\Movies\Love Actually
M:\Movies\Notting Hill
M:\Movies\Once Upon A Time in the ...
M:\Movies\Pretty Woman
M:\Movies\The Dam Busters
M:\Movies\The Italian Job
M:\Movies\The Book of ELI
M:\Movies\Predator
M:\Movies\The Blues Brothers
M:\Movies\The Breakfast Club
M:\Movies\Dark Star
M:\Movies\Erin Brockovich
M:\Movies\Hitman
M:\Movies\Silent Running
M:\Movies\The Sting
M:\Movies\The Commitments
M:\Movies\V for Vendetta
M:\Movies\Watchmen
M:\Movies\The Wild Bunch
M:\Movies\The IPCRESS File
M:\Movies\The Guns of Navarone
M:\Movies\The Searchers
M:\Movies\Rio Bravo
M:\Movies\Pale Rider
M:\Movies\Indiana Jones
M:\Movies\How the West was Won
M:\Movies\Gladiator
M:\Movies\Close Encounters of the ...
M:\Movies\Constantine
M:\Movies\The Fifth Element
M:\Movies\X-Men
M:\Movies\A Fistful of Dollars
M:\Movies\For a Few Dollars More
M:\Movies\Hang em High
M:\Movies\The Good the Bad and the...
M:\Movies\2001 A Space Odyssey
M:\Movies\Escape From LA
M:\Movies\From Dusk Till Dawn
M:\Movies\Hansel and Gretel Witch ...
M:\Movies\Leon The Professional
M:\Movies\The Shawshank Redemption
M:\Movies\Van Helsing
M:\Movies\Soldier
M:\Movies\Alien
M:\Movies\Two Mules For Sister Sara
M:\Movies\Coogans Bluff
M:\Movies\The Beguiled
M:\Movies\Play Misty for Me
M:\Movies\Joe Kidd
M:\Movies\High Plains Drifter
M:\Movies\The Eiger Sanction
M:\Movies\Breezy
M:\Movies\22 Bullets
M:\Movies\Priest
M:\Movies\Pulp Fiction
M:\Movies\I, Robot
M:\Movies\GI Joe
M:\Movies\An American Werewolf in ...
M:\Movies\The Hurt Locker
M:\Movies\AVP\AVP (2004)\Extras
M:\Movies\Alien\Alien (1979)\Extras
M:\Movies\Alien\Aliens (1986)\Extras
M:\Movies\Alien\Alien Resurrection...
M:\Movies\Alien\Alien3 (1992)\Extras

It would be a little work but a list was the direction I was thinking also, since you can export a excel or csv list in Reports and compare.

Jack Burton

what you need is "kind:=folder size:empty" will bring up a all empty folders

as for eliminating trailers - could be done by name assuming they have a common syntax - say "trailer" :)

more likely is that they do not so do it by size

e.g. "kind:=video size:=>1GB" Or whatever size should eliminate all trailers or theme videos as both likely to be only a few minutes long compared to the movie

This is very cool, I didn't know searches could be customized like this. Unfortunately "empty" found nothing on any drive, tried "huge" (16mb-128mb) as well, and nothing. Neat feature though

PenkethBoy

yes the reason (as i found) that empty does not work on folders is that they do not have a size attribute - and hence why huge did not work either :(

hence why i went PS

PenkethBoy

@@Happy2Play - i just did a quick and dirty copy from the PS window - but a dump to a file would be better

well that was easy append this to the PS commands

"| Out-File C:\filename.txt"

(Get-ChildItem C:\Scripts -recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer -eq $True}) | Where-Object {$_.GetFiles().Count -eq 0} | Select-Object FullName | Out-File C:\filename.txt

And if necessary add "-Encoding utf8" to the end of the line if you have a need for non english characters etc

Edited by PenkethBoy

PenkethBoy

@@Jack Burton and @@Happy2Play

I thought somebody must have done this with an application as it's such a basic feature missing from Explorer

so a little google foo and i found this

Directory List & Print  http://www.infonautics-software.ch/directorylistprint/

Its free with basic feature - enough to find empty folders with ease etc and the Pro gives you extras - probably way more than you want :)

(Funny i thought i read a thread somewhere where people were */**/*/ about paying Emby for features - but i might have dreamed that :P  B) )

Exports to Word/Excel/HTML and Text files the results - oodles of options to refine your search :)

See below (Word and Excel Only for free version)

Pro version is only 18 euro's so i bought a copy :)

Have Fun

Edited by PenkethBoy

• Solution
CharleyVarrick

I've used FolderSize for a while now, it does what Windows should do by default, that is, show folder size inside a directory. It is 100% freeware, no limitations (network drives, for instance).

http://foldersize.sourceforge.net/

Once it has analyzed said directory (mere seconds, even for huge one's), a parallel explorer windows populates, then you can sort results by size, and investigate the smallest (and/or largest for possible duplicates).

58ad794ead7c9_1.png

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 2

Jack Burton

I've used FolderSize for a while now, it does what Windows should do by default, that is, show folder size inside a directory. It is 100% freeware, no limitations (network drives, for instance).

http://foldersize.sourceforge.net/

Once it has analyzed said directory (mere seconds, even for huge one's), a parallel explorer windows populates, then you can sort results by size, and investigate the smallest (and/or largest for possible duplicates).

58ad794ead7c9_1.png

Great! This did it thank you! I had one movie folder with all files except the movie file, one empty, and one duplicate from another resolution without the movie file. Thanks again, I can rest easy now

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
damelloman

It sounds like this issue was resolved but I also ran into the issue of how to find movies (tv shows is a different story) that have no imdb(or whatever source you choose) ID.  If I sort by IMDB rating and the ones at the end or beginning (depending on how you sort) will be null basically and that how I found all my movies that are not correctly identified!  :) 

• 3 years later...
LittleKinder
On 10/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, Luke said:

The next release will have filters for movies without IMDb id.

Thank you omg

It's exactly what i needed

image.png.aaba93ccdc30b858adc1a1f616185786.png

• Thanks 1