I'm lost trying to add new library on 3.1.0

gmacman

My old movies and tv show libraries are fine, but I loaded up some home videos and trying to set up a new library on the server to then be viewed on various devices (including FireTVs running Kodi and the Kodi add-on for Emby).

Anyway, I know the old way to get path substitutions was change but I can't seem to figure out how it's done now.  I went thru the Add Media Library on the Library tab and set it up adding the folder which is setup on the FreeNAS exactly the same as my movies or tv show folders were.

So the path to the folder is like "/usr/local/homemovies" but I never am asked about path substitutions or anything.

I can view the videos (and play them) via the browser accessing Emby, but on devices like the FireTV nothing.

Clearly I don't get how to add new libraries on the new version of the server, so if I can get some help that would be great.

In the documentation is states "Path substitutions are configured in the Path Substitution tab of the library setup area." 

But I cannot see any thing like that.  There is no Path Substitution tab, the only ones I have are "Libraries, Display, Advanced"  And there is no mention of path substitution anywhere.

hi @@gmacman, the wiki needs to be updated but when you add a folder to the library you are given an option to supply it's corresponding network path. This feature has replaced path substitution.

You can fill this value out for existing paths. Just go into library setup, click on a library, then click on a folder. 

Please let us know if this answers your question. Thanks !

Many thanks.

At my age it's hard to teach me new tricks.

;)

But seriously, I love the work you guys do, keep it up.  Change is good.