m3u and xmltv parsing and mapping

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

@@Luke

I have to say m3u and xmltv parsing and mapping is working pretty well these days.  Well done and thank you!! For those coming fo this thread for guidance a quick recap.  Based upon the following m3u line:

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="2233" tvg-id="I48542.json.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-logo="https://ia601505.us.archive.org/30/items/NationalGeographicChannelWildHd/baby%20tv.png" tvg-name="BABY TV SD",BABY TV SD

The guide will be populated with a Channel of 2233 and the tvg-id value string will be mapped to the channel-id in the xml file for EPG data.

All good!  Additionally if the tvg-logo field is used the logo will be taken from this url.

HOWEVER, I have noticed recently when adding new m3u channels that the Channel Name is being taken from the XML file data rather from either the tvg-name tag or the "after comma" channel description.  If those fields did not exist that would be correct BUT IMHO if tvg-name is specified in the m3u then that should DEFINATELY OVERRIDE ANYTHING ELSE to be used in the Guide and onscreen displays. 

Krs

Mark