Guide taking forever and not pulling any HD channel listings

ucantcme69

ucantcme69

Hello folks. I just got a HDHomeRun Prime and setup everything. After a few struggles I seem to have almost everything worked out besides a couple issues.

The first issue is that the guide isn't pulling any info for my HD channels. It appears to be pulling the SD channels just fine but all of the HD channels are missing info. 

58a502de296fb_ltverror.png

Secondly for some reason two ESPN channels appear to be listing at the top of my guide for no reason.

58a502f19f436_ltverror2.png

Lastly it seems to take an incredibly long time to refresh guide data. Any hints?

I am using schedules direct to pull the guide in. I tried out some xml stuff first but there was way to many missing channel information and it became a hassle. If I could just get the SD channels to replicate to the HD channels i'd be pretty close to being in business.

Hope this is the correct log if it's needed as well

server-63622540800.txt

Edited by ucantcme69

maegibbons

Hi

Have you tried manually mapping the HD channels? Go to the "guide providers" setting in live tv setup and hit three dot menu on right and choose Map Channels.

With regard to odd ordering, In the guide itself hit the 3 dot menu at the top of the channel number list and deselect "Place favourite channels at beginning".  You may NOT have favorited these channels - there is a bug somewhere.

BTW do not try mapping two channels to the same EPG data.  I.e HD and SD to SAME SD source channel.  If you do you will only get data for one channel shown.  There is a bug/ommision in the routines at the moment that stop you from doing this which the devs know about.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

ucantcme69

Thank you. The favorites channels were the reason for those jumping to the top of the list. I have that part sorted out. That being said I still cannot get the HD channels to display any guide information. The weird thing is it did pull it through last night and then I went to bed and this morning its back to missing again. It already looks to be correctly mapped as far as I can tell if I go to manually map it for example ESPN HD is already mapped to ESPN HD. Any thoughts?

When mapping two channels to the same guide channel there is an issue with one of them displaying empty and you can track that issue here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44799-bug-guide-listings/&do=findComment&comment=419519

As far as data loading, can you please describe that a little bit more? Your supplied log does not contain anything related to that. thanks.

ucantcme69

Data load times doesn't seem to be an issue now as far as I can tell it looks like its fairly reasonable. My channels aren't mapped to the same selection. As a matter of fact I went into the hdhomerun interface and disabled the SD channels that also had HD channels. I'll use ESPN for instance. it will continue to grab the guide information and then it'll loose its guide information later. It happens to a few other channels as well. I wiped the live tv xml file and let it repopulate and this continues to happen. I even switched back to the xml option and got the majority of it working. It looks like im really only down to the guide information staying put after it grabs it now to display. I will attach a new screen to show you what im struggling with now. I went through and mapped every single channel that wasnt already mapped. I've seen each one of them pull guide information and display it and then it'll start doing this again:

58a5fb3a6e4f1_ltverror3.png

Edited by ucantcme69

ucantcme69

I just went in and deleted the channel manually from the live tv xml file and reran the task. It pulled the guide info. When I went back to the home page in emby and then back into the guide for live tv the guide info for that channel is now blank again. Pretty frustrating as thats the only thing I have left to get taken care of.

ucantcme69

Any other information or logs I can supply? It makes no sense that if I delete the entries from the livetv.xml file it will repopulate the correct information but then disappear the next time I check the guide. Very willing to supply what ever I can. All the channels are correctly matched. It's driving me crazy.

I added a zip of my log file as it was slightly to big. Thanks

server-63622800000.zip

Edited by ucantcme69

hi @@ucantcme69, are you using schedules direct or xml tv? Try deleting the one you're not using, just in case there might be an issue there. then run the guide refresh. thanks.

ucantcme69

I've tried them both. I only have one going at a time. The same issue happens with both. Each time I delete the contents of the xml file to repopulate. When it repopulates all of the guide content is there. When I navigate away from the guide page and come back it results in the last screen shot I uploaded and a bunch of channels loose guide information.

ucantcme69

Also after switching back to schedule direct the channels are mapped properly and briefly came up in the guide but navigating back to it now looks like everything below the last entry on the picture is missing again:

post-23223-0-29986400-1487381285_thumb.png

ucantcme69

I just noticed that any channels without guide data won't play either. Fails on a xbox one and roku that I've tested on. Any channels with guide data play as expected. Super weird

ucantcme69

can you put this url in a browser and provide the result?

http://192.168.1.26/lineup.json

Also, can you provide me the xml file you were using before? I will test your setup exactly. thanks.

ucantcme69

Attached is the text I saved from the json test and the current livetv.xml file ran with schedules direct. Works great when the guide data is available and my channels play well on all of my devices. Without the guide data its dead in the water.

lineup.json.txt

livetv.xml

maegibbons

Hi

That livetv.xml file contains no channel data.  it looks like more of a config file for an HDhomerun app EPG than an xmltv data file.

How do you obtain the xmltv file from SD?  You should be using something like "tv_grab_sd_json" to create a local xmltv file

I use xmltv data from SD quite succesfully for m3u channels HOWEVER i use the built in json grabber for for my HDhomerun channels.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

ucantcme69

This is the one I was using for the xmltv option. IS there something more to setup in order to use schedules direct? I thought it was literally sign into my account and select the options under the guide section in emby, run the task and that was that.

xmltv.xml

maegibbons

For inbuilt SD json parser it should just be configure and run.

SD and hdhomerun works ok for me in the uk.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Hi

The xmltv file is correctly formatted

When using xmltv did you map the channels manually?

Krs

Mark

What is a specific example of a channel i should look at? because what I am seeing is what you are describing - guide data disappears for some channels during the guide refresh, but by the end of the refresh everything is restored as it was before. I can certainly look into why that is happening but that doesn't seem like a catastrophic issue to me.

I do have many blank channels in the guide but i haven't yet looked at whether this is due to channel mapping or some kind of problem.

ucantcme69

I don't understand how thats the case. I've blocked all of the SD channels and even then they were mapped to their SD channel counter part and the HD versions were marked to their HD channel.So are you saying theirs no way to actually fix this? That link doesnt even look like its the same issue as mine. That one describes a guy with two devices trying to map channels. This is just one device trying to map each channel to its correct xml data. I've manually went through and mapped each channel myself and it still doesnt pull through. the ABCHD channel as well as ESPN and ESPN2 would be good tests but I fail to see how this is my issue. This could just be me not really understanding what you're saying and I apologize if thats the case I did see you posted that that would be resolved soon so if that happens I can give it a try again when the next update happens. Any chance theirs a estimated time frame for that? Thank you