MediaInfo.Type vs Item.GetContentType()

nxenos83

nxenos83

What's the difference between the two?

Is there a reason that the MediaInfo is available in the PlaybackProgressEventArgs, but not the ItemChangeEvenetArgs?

hi @@nxenos83. In ItemChangeArgs you have the full library item.

PlaybackProgressEventArgs also contains the full library item using the Item property. However, if an app wanted to report that it was playing something not contained in the emby library, then of course Item would be null and instead you'd have MediaInfo, which would just be things like title, etc.

nxenos83

thanks @@Luke,

Is there a way to get a MediaInfo object from a library item during the ItemAdded event? I poked around the code but only found BaseItemInfo type referenced in session manger.

If I'm trying to take action when an episode is added, should I just use Item.GetContentTyp() to determine what type of item is being added?

what you can do is try to cast it to an Audio or Video object. Those classes will have some light media info characteristics designed for display. If that is not enough then you can call Audio/Video .GetMediaStreams(), but that is a separate db query so use only if needed. thanks.