Squashed poster images

mutu310

mutu310

Hi,

In BlurN, whenever the channel data changes, all posters are showing squashed in the shape of a square despite the image having different dimensions. When you go out and back in the channel again, everything would look fine, so the problem happens only the first time.

I used to believe that this was due to me picking up the posters from omdbapi and so I started querying tmdb, but the problem persists. Is there something I can do to stop the poster images from showing up as squares the first time one goes into the channel please?

Happy2Play

The Trailer plugin does the exact same thing, and if I remember right all libraries do.  Would have to set up a new system to verify.  But the initial launch everything is square then a refresh displays properly.

• Like 1

This is because the images are not retrieved until they are requested so we don't know the size or shape of them before they are displayed the first time.  The second time, they have been cached so we do and can tell the app how they should be displayed.

• Like 1

mutu310

However on the beta server, you might not see this anymore.

So eventually this won't be a problem anymore on stable? I was going to ask whether you could provide a means to specify the dimensions of the poster image.

• 3 months later...
mutu310

Yea I would just wait and reevaluate then.

This issue persists, unfortunately.

mutu310

Even with a brand new title?

When a new title is added no, but when a new channel is added yes.

mutu310

can you show a screenshot? thanks.

Here you go. Fresh install, ran the "refresh new releases" task and went into the BlurN channel. This is my Windows development environment.

593cefb01f4c8_firsttime.png

This is how it looks when I go into the channel a second time:

593cf00a37e65_secondtime.png

• 8 months later...
mutu310

This problem has resurfaced for the latest stable, only this time it's worse. Going into the channel once again does NOT fix the problem as it used to before. They're permanently squashed.

5a93ebef3806e_blurnsquashed.jpg

mutu310

With the correct aspect ratio and not square-shaped. Check the screenshots from 11th June in this thread. Refreshing a second time does not fix the problem anymore now. Bug reproduced under Windows and under Synology.

Edited by mutu310

• 4 months later...
mutu310

On latest beta?

Not only. The problem has been around since February when I opened this thread and has never been fixed.

• 1 month later...