CoverArt Crashing Emby

kingy444

kingy444

Whenever i enter the settings area of CoverArt my EMBY server crashes. It would seem that there appears to be an access related issue when CoverArt is trying to save (See Below Windows Log). The log from EMBY doesn't contain anything as the server crashes so i wast sure which directory to check permissions on.

EMBY is running latest Stable Version 3.2.1.0 On Windows 10.

Application: MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWandInterop.MagickWriteImage(IntPtr, System.String)
   at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand.SaveImage(System.String)
   at CoverArt.Code.API.ImageHandler.GetFileResult(ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand)
   at CoverArt.Code.API.ImageHandler.Get(CoverArt.Code.API.ImageRequest)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExecGeneral+<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Start[[ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExecGeneral+<Execute>d__2, ServiceStack, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<Execute>d__2 ByRef)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExecGeneral.Execute(System.Type, MediaBrowser.Model.Services.IRequest, System.Object, System.Object, System.String)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController+<Execute>d__15.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Start[[ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController+<Execute>d__15, ServiceStack, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<Execute>d__15 ByRef)
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.Execute(System.Object, MediaBrowser.Model.Services.IRequest)
   at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler+<ProcessRequestAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[[ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler+<ProcessRequestAsync>d__19, ServiceStack, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<ProcessRequestAsync>d__19 ByRef)
   at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(MediaBrowser.Model.Services.IRequest, MediaBrowser.Model.Services.IResponse, System.String)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost+<RequestHandler>d__61.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.Start[[Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost+<RequestHandler>d__61, Emby.Server.Implementations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](<RequestHandler>d__61 ByRef)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(MediaBrowser.Model.Services.IHttpRequest, System.Uri)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.SocketSharp.WebSocketSharpListener.InitTask(SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListenerContext)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

server-63622692645.txt

kingy444

If its any help i think i have narrowed down the problem. I have manually edited the XML for the Coverart config.

Selecting any item in the "Treatments" section that was set to "Ignore" was causing the crash. After changing this value i can now edit other items, changing it back to ignore reproduces the crash.

EDIT: "Plain" seems to reproduce the same error - Seems the config doesnt like when coverart is told not to do anything with the file

Edited by kingy444

kingy444

That directory is full of plenty of other images, all created using coverart - Browsing EMBY doesnt seem to cause any issues (ie generating the images) its just when the settings screen tries to display the example for an image set to plain or ignore.

I've checked \Emby-Server\cache\coverart\4.0.23.0\resources and there are two files there - Ignore_thumb.png & Plain_thumb.png. All others seem to display fine but these two crash the server.

If it is a permissions issue on the Emby-Server/cache/temp directory what permissions would it specifically need ? It would inherently have the same permissions as the rest of the server, and since im running on Windows that is Full Control of the directory (assuming Emby is running under the account I am logged on as)

zigzagtshirt

@@Luke  I will try to soon.  I don't really care for CoverArt though.  I was just testing it out and after it kept crashing I just uninstalled it.  I just thought I'd mention that I was having the same issue with it.  I'll try to reinstall it and generate a log soon.

Same here on OMV 3, coverart 4.0.23.0. Trying to configure system setting up coverart treatment samples are missing and the emby server just locks up.

All of you folks are on Linux OSes?

Have you confirmed that the Emby process has full rights to its folder and all sub-folders - including the ability to create folders?

Windows 10 Pro. kingy444 also stated he is on Windows 10. I set full access rights to Everyone on the Emby-Server folder and below with no difference.