Emby Theater CC not working with MediaBrowser.UI

highcountry

highcountry

Maybe I am just too new to Emby to understand, so please be patient. I installed the free Emby in Sep '16 and I really like it. The only draw back is watching emby theater and not having control of the CC.  I have a hearing impediment and I especially want CC on everything. I recently upgraded to Premier in hopes of getting CC functionality on MediaBrowser.UI. *Sad* that the CC function is not available.

I have a dedicated PC for emby server and theater, it is HDMI connected to my Samsung UHD TV. I ungraded emby server to 3.2.1, and have premier now. Emby server starts at boot up and I use embyTheater\MediaBrowser.UI to watch movies. The stange thing is that after upgrading to 3.2.1 and Priemier - when I look at the files in emby theater they all still have my installation date time stamp - Sep 2016. is that right?

Let me explain, In the emby server settings, I have it configured for CC on everything. I only download .mkv movies with CC. .. If I use Chrome to brows and watch movies, there is a CC button when viewing, but NOT with emby theater.  WHY? am I missing something to get emby theater CC functionality?

Thanks,

highcountry

Hi and thank you  for the response.

I have spent a good deal of time on this so far, YES, I downloaded and installed the new Emby theater. I configured the audio-subtitles in the configuration settings to be English and ALWAYS display subtitles. I like the theater and I see the "CC" button for closed captioning. Selecting it, it shows - ON and English. However, there are still no subtitles being displayed when my movies are being played. I rebooted the PC a dozen times while checking and re-checking the 'Settings'. NOPE - No subtitles being displayed  :(

So, I went back to the older version of Emby-Theater, at least most movies display subtitles.

Perhaps its an incompatibility with my movie type? I am playing .mkv movies with subtitles included. Most Movies are 10-20GB.

I appreciate the help!!

hi @@highcountry, what kind of video files are these? Can you please open the file in the web app and at the bottom of the detail screen, please copy the media info and then paste it here. Thanks !

highcountry

Hi Luke,

thanks for the reply.

web app?

at the bottom of the details screen? 

a movie's .mkv file
SOURCE TYPE.....: BluRay.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD MA5.1
ViDEO BiTRATE...: x264 L4.1 High @ 10500 kbps
FRAME RATE......: 23.976 fps
AUDiO1..........: English DTS-HD MA 5.1 @ 3333 kbps
RESOLUTiON......: 1920 x 800
SUBTiTLE........: English, English SDH
ENCODER ........: Medusa @ HDC

yes, the web app built into emby server, which you can access from the server machine at:

http://localhost:8096