Emby Cloud

breezytm

Blueeyiz702

It is a possibility for the future.

Speaking of cloud Luke,do you have any suggestions for online storage? Other than Google Drive or Dropbox. Something more secure where you don't have prying eyes?

CBers

Speaking of cloud Luke,do you have any suggestions for online storage? Other than Google Drive or Dropbox. Something more secure where you don't have prying eyes?

Mega

Blueeyiz702
Cbers,i read a article that was saying for instance if i uploaded a copy of Star Wars and saved it and someone else had same video as me already uploaded on his would be saved. So when i access mine im actually watching his? Thats wierd. And the prices,it would cost me 250.00 a year for the pro 2.

Sent from my Rooted Z987 on the Deathstar via Tapatalk

Edited by blueeyiz7021

CBers

Cbers,i read a article that was saying for instance if i uploaded a copy of Star Wars and saved it and someone else had same video as me already uploaded on his would be saved. So when i access mine im actually watching his? Thats wierd. And the prices,it would cost me 250.00 a year for the pro 2.

Not sure about the "sharing", as I thought everything was encrypted with your own personal key, so can't really see how that is correct.

Also, on sign up, you do get 50Gb free.

Depends how much online storage you want.

Blueeyiz702

Not sure about the "sharing", as I thought everything was encrypted with your own personal key, so can't really see how that is correct.

Also, on sign up, you do get 50Gb free.

Depends how much online storage you want.

Have you used it,or do you currently use?

Sent from my Rooted Z987 on the Deathstar via Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
breezytm

My NAS crashed and there were no way I was going to start over. I miss using Emby. I hope you guys really take it to the cloud soon. 

legallink

My NAS crashed and there were no way I was going to start over. I miss using Emby. I hope you guys really take it to the cloud soon. 

@@breezytm - no offsite backup or anything like that?  That's a bummer...sorry to hear it.

Guest asrequested

@@breezytm now is not the time for giving up !

Right!?

Just like Steve Austin, we can rebuild, we have the technology. :D

I've rebuilt mine, 3 times. You can do this!

Edited by Doofus

breezytm

@@legallink I had some stuff backed up, just not the app folder. I worked with someone from the QNAP team and was able to recover the raid as well as the data. Even though the drives unmounted from the volume he was able to put it back together. That guy rocks. Currently I am in the process or backing up everything I can. 

@@Luke I may just do a windows install again in the near future if anything. I can't go back to doing that NAS install. I spent way too much time working on it just to see all my work vanished. Besides my QNAP can't handle running the server anyway. I just don't see the point.  

@ 3 times does not compare to the amount of time I have rebuilt my server. I was one of the very few who tackled the QNAP install. Rebuilding was like an everyday thing until we got it right. 

Guest asrequested

When I say rebuilt, I mean everything. No files, no hardware, no backups. Started from the beginning.

legallink

@@breezytm got ya.  So it really was the difficulty in setting up the server on QNAP.  Well, I can only drastically support install on a windows machine.  Ours is very stable and allows for a bit of tinkering, but for the most part, if I wanted to, I could 95% set it and forget it.