Why Season -1 folders

HTPCS

All TV folders on server is configured correctly. 

Show\season\show.s01e01.episodename.ext

but some /all  tv shows showing folder  season -1 under kodi

Refer to pic

Not sure what is going on. 

Regards, HTPCS. 

post-181411-0-85622300-1486874725_thumb.png

So i can confirm that my entire library is configured the same

Folder = Series Name

File name = Series.S01E01.epsiodename.ext

Problem is i am seeing some picked up correctly and others not. 

Season -1 seems to be some kinda " All Seasons" catch all. 

nbo point trying to explain. watch vid

Regards, Alan.

Edited by HTPCS

Sorry but roping in Dev to answer one simple question. I apologise

@Angelblue05

@xnappo

@null_pointer

Why does Dev of Kodi plugin not import media path and meta name, with functionality to stream from source and let that be the core plugins purpose. 

Kodi does a great job sorting its own local meta data including graphics. 

Seems like over coding to me, but i am sure there is a reason. I just cant fathom why the necessity to rely one emby server to pull additional data down. 

Kodi runs so slow as far as graphics is concerns, and meta data is rough to say the least. 

Dont get me wrong, Product is exceptioAL but as an Architect, it makes no sense to me when the architecture is already there and functioning to code the same into a plugin that relies on additional resources. 

Regards, HTPCS

Angelblue05

In the Emby metadata manager, look at the episodes that appear under the -1 season in Kodi. These episodes don't have a season number in the metadata manager. Add the season number and it will correct the issue. Something must be wrong with your file naming if Emby is not able to automatically determine the season number.

Edited by Angelblue05

In the Emby metadata manager, look at the episodes that appear under the -1 season in Kodi. These episodes don't have a season number in the metadata manager. Add the season number and it will correct the issue. Something must be wrong with your file naming if Emby is not able to automatically determine the season number.

Season is depicted by the following in the naming convention

Edited by null_pointer

Sorry I have no idea what your talking about.

I dont want to make this public convo. 

Let me pm you tomorrow night. hopefully we can reach consensus in understanding. 

@@HTPCS how do these episodes look in the Emby web app? Perhaps I can help you get it squared away there, then the kodi add-on will reflect the result. Thanks !

kanipek

I saw this exact same behavior with Emby after 3.1.5.

Nothing had changed with my library. I found that the problem was in the metadata for ALL of the series I was having issue with. for me I was seeing incorrect Titles/Episode names - like instead of "The Truth is Out There" I would see "The Xfiles.SxxExx.The Truth is Out There" not sure what else could have been wrong with the metadata, so as a test I deleted all metadata for a series and had Emby re-scrape it - same issue bad metadata. Tried again and let Media Center Master handle the scraping - Problem solved. Deleted all of the metadata for series I was having problems with and let Media Center Master re-scrape everything - Problem fixed.

Not saying this is an Emby issue (doubt it) but whatever source it was scraping the data from probably causing the issue.

Been a few days now and no further issues. Emby is scraping good metadata now for whatever I am throwing at it.

Hope it helps you out.

@@kanipek

"Tried again and let Media Center Master handle the scraping - Problem solved. Deleted all of the metadata for series I was having problems with and let Media Center Master re-scrape everything - Problem fixed."

WHats media centre master?

Origionally yes, created by sonarr.  

I have since deleted all but the video file itself, and reinstalled Emby about 6 times by now. 

Regards, HTPCS

kanipek

@@kanipek

"Tried again and let Media Center Master handle the scraping - Problem solved. Deleted all of the metadata for series I was having problems with and let Media Center Master re-scrape everything - Problem fixed."

WHats media centre master?

It's a metadata scraping program and actually much more than that.

https://www.mediacentermaster.com/