Obtaining TV episodes not released on DVD/BR

Tansill

I was curious how people here get tv episodes for shows that have not been realeased on DVD or BluRay? I'm sure a lot of people torrent them, but I've always tried to purchase them when possible. I've noticed that more and more frequently, the most recent seasons of shows are available on Amazon Instant Video or iTunes, but not on physical media.

What do you guys use? How do you remove the DRM from your method-of-choice and convert them to mkv/mp4/whatever you use in your library?

Thanks for the info!

Koleckai Silvestri

There are quite a few solutions available to people. Each has its own precautions and risk. Each has varying levels of legality. Using them is done so at your own risk.

Removing DRM via a number of applications. Do a search.

Recording LiveTV using network tuners and/or applications like Windows Media Center.

Torrents and NZB tools. Sickbeard seems to be a popular tool.

Online streams using tools like FFMPEG and RTMPDump.

Hooking your DVR up to your DVD burner via Analog connections. 

For iTunes and Amazon, the DRM is usually removed by transcoding the video while the video is viewed in a window. There are apps for this but they are very time consuming. Amazon Video uses Silverlight and iTunes uses Quicktime. Neither of which are easy to break.

For the least hands on, you'll probably want to set up Sickbeard, Couchpotato or Media Center Master to obtain your media for you. Legality varies...

Edited by Wayne Luke

trusselo

I am not speaking on the behalf of MediaBrowser or its affiliates....

tv capture cards or torrents.

tv cards there is software to Remvoe DRM,  torrents come as mp4/mkv/avi types.

if you dont know about torrents... there is google.. "what is torrents"

then to automate the torrents downloading, renaming, moving, look into Media Center Master

Edited by trusselo