Issue with "watched" toggle in ET

Marc_G

Hi folks,

I just had an interesting experience, which might be user error or a bug. I'll let you all decide for me.

So, a while ago I added the first five episodes of The Knick, Season 2, to my library. It fetched metadata and all was well. I watched the first episode, then moved on to other things. Today I wanted to watch episode # 2 and noticed that ALL the episodes were marked watched. How strange. I figured I'd accidentally toggled the season watched at some point along the way, no big deal.

But when I went in to toggle each episode in turn to "unwatched" I noticed odd behavior which is what I'm reporting here. This seems reproducible. I'm using the full ET desktop program. I did this on my Win 7 x64 desktop but I see the same thing on my Win 10 HTPC.

Let's start with an episode as shown in the list of Season 2 (so, this is a screengrab from a screen showing the 5 episodes I have for this season in my library). It clearly shows a green checkmark showing "watched."

post-489-0-00405500-1486836514_thumb.jpg

I go into the episode details by clicking on what was shown above.  In here, the toggle seems to show unwatched, or perhaps I misunderstand ... it has a weird red check...:

post-489-0-32309200-1486836557_thumb.jpg

So I click once on the watched checkmark, which seemed to show unwatched. Now it toggles to look "watched" but figuring it was a toggle incorrectly visualized, I left it at that. It now looks like this:

post-489-0-75014900-1486836636_thumb.jpg

I exit the episode view; the green checkmark remains (showing watched) next to the episode picture:

post-489-0-04110100-1486836667_thumb.jpg

If I exit the season, and re-enter, now it shows correctly unwatched:

post-489-0-78488500-1486836690_thumb.jpg

And if I go back into the episode the checkmark looks white instead of weird redish

post-489-0-48405000-1486836792_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help getting me to understand what's going on and fixing it as needed.

Thanks

Marc

The button is expanded and zoomed when focused, which I guess makes it look like the poster icon so I could see the confusion there.

Thanks for the clarification.

As a change request, would you consider changing the watched/not watched icons so they are clearer?

Thanks again. ET has really come a long way! :D

• 1 month later...
Marc_G

I just noticed the watched icon now looks very intuitive! Not sure when it happened but it looks great now. Thank you for acting on the concern I put forth.

Great job!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk