Default provider ID

mutu310

mutu310

Hi,

With my latest version of BlurN, I am setting both the IMDb ID and the TMDb ID as provider IDs. However, since doing so, Emby Server is ignoring what I put as the community rating (the rating I would have retrieved from OMDb) and instead showing me the TMDb rating. How can I get it to use the OMDb one instead? My plugin is based on IMDb ratings, so I need to give that rating priority over the TMDb one.

mutu310

On further checking, the TMDb rating is overwriting the OMDb one with or without the provider ID being set from my end. Basically, once Emby Server queries TMDb, it will get the TMDb rating and overwrite whatever was set as the CommunityRating. As a result, my plugin that sets a treshold for the minimum IMDb rating for adding to channel will add movies which will, in turn, appear to have a lower treshold than said rating.

For example, OMDb estimates an IMDb rating of 7.2 for Loving (2016)

http://www.omdbapi.com/?t=Loving&y=2016&plot=short&r=xml

Using the default settings, this movie is added because the default minimum IMDb rating is set to 7.0.

However, when the movie is added to the channel, Emby is overwriting the community rating with the TMDb rating, which is 62% (6.2), i.e. lower than the minimum IMDb rating and as a result BlurN users will be confused as to why the movie got added if they set a minimum rating of 7.0 and it's showing one of 6.2.

Edited by mutu310

mutu310

One last thing, I checked the library metadata order and I have OMDB higher than TMDb anyway, so I really can't understand why Emby should behave this way.

In my opinion, Emby requires a setting when setting up the channel that sets a provider as the highest priority one so that irrespective of the library metadata order, the one with the highest priority would be used.

We don't have that right now, although for something quick I could probably give you a way to not fetch internet metadata at all.

mutu310

We don't have that right now, although for something quick I could probably give you a way to not fetch internet metadata at all.

I don't think I would use that option at all, because I want Emby to fetch data such as photos of people. In any case, why is the channel ignoring the default meta data provider and using TMDb anyway? Perhaps that could be an easier fix?

Happy2Play

More than likely do to OMDB still recovering.  Are you not still seeing tons of OMDb errors in your log?

• Like 1

mutu310

More than likely do to OMDB still recovering.  Are you not still seeing tons of OMDb errors in your log?

Not as much, in fact the latest round of movie releases are all currently cached and working at the present time, but good point it could be that.

I don't think I would use that option at all, because I want Emby to fetch data such as photos of people. In any case, why is the channel ignoring the default meta data provider and using TMDb anyway? Perhaps that could be an easier fix?

There is no user configuration for priorities for channel content at this time, so what you're getting is system defaults.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
mutu310

There is no user configuration for priorities for channel content at this time, so what you're getting is system defaults.

Is this in the to-do list please? What are the system defaults anyway?

I have not been able to look at this yet. The defaults would put Omdb first ahead of Tmdb.