Odd Playback problem

jmangan

jmangan

I'm not too sure what is relevant to this problem so apologies if I go overboard providing information.

I'm running Emby (just updated to 3.2.1.0 but had the same problem on previous versions) on CentOS7 with a 1GB ethernet link to a Gigabit network switch. I have two Raspberry Pi 3s running the latest level of osmc and 2.3.46 of Emby for Kodi. One is wired into the switch the other is WiFi.

I have TVs/Movies (SD), captured analog camcorder footage and later HD digital camcorder footage that all plays fine on this setup.

I have further footage from an SD digital camcorder that I am having problems with. I have tried using it as '.dv' or transcoded to '.mpg' without any obvious difference.

When I play it on either Pi the sound starts before the video but is kind of crackly, sometimes the video doesn't start at all but if it does it is jumpy. The sound either stops or progresses to a kind of 100 beats/min drum effect before stopping. The onscreen display switches between a predicted 'end of playback' time or 'buffering...'. Sometimes, but not always, there is a message about the source being too slow for continuous playback.

However the same media plays fine on the web interface, on android phone or iPad. So, is it an Emby problem, a media issue, a Pi or OSMC problem?

I've attached a server log from two attempts to play the same file on the wireless Pi and I can drop a copy of the media on a shred service if that would help.

Playback Log.txt

jmangan

I can't see how. It's a Pi 3 and it handles the movies/TV shows and the HD Camcorder footage. Also the on-screen 'buffering' message says that the source is supplying information too slowly which also can't be true for the same reason.

I'll see if OSMC can shed any light.

Thanks.