Plugin for controlling Hue light

nxenos83

GreyBeard

Only issue I have is my entire house is hue bulbs. Thus I have about 15 groups and can only see the first four. I was able to get to the rest of them using the tab key. Perhaps a scroll bar is needed?

GreyBeard

One more thing that ties in with the cinema experience. My current movie flow for the main room is play two trailers, play a theater intro, play any codec intros (4K, Atmos, etc) then the movie. (Would still love to be able to play trivia slides with music behind for a preset time, but that's another plugin, not hue.) Right now the lights briefly come up, then lower again between each video. Press play, dim, plat trailer one, lights up, im, play trailer two, lights up, dim, play theater intro, lights up, etc. Maybe an option to ignore stop on any video less than xx minutes?

• Like 1

hstamas

One more thing that ties in with the cinema experience. My current movie flow for the main room is play two trailers, play a theater intro, play any codec intros (4K, Atmos, etc) then the movie. (Would still love to be able to play trivia slides with music behind for a preset time, but that's another plugin, not hue.) Right now the lights briefly come up, then lower again between each video. Press play, dim, plat trailer one, lights up, im, play trailer two, lights up, dim, play theater intro, lights up, etc. Maybe an option to ignore stop on any video less than xx minutes?

Yes I would definitely need some sort of way to only have my lights react to a particular type of media (movie versus TV) or if thats not possible, by duration? I do not want my lights to react if Im watching regular television programming, only if Im watching a movie. Either a minimum video length would work (this is how most of the other Hue plugins for Kodi handle it) or, like the webhooks plugin for Emby does, allow you to select the library type that would react. In this case only libraries set up as "movie" types.

Excellent progress though - Thanks for all your hard work!!

Biofects

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into adding a feature to only set dim on movies or all, as well as adding scene support. As for the scroll bar that should be an easy fix with some css magic. I will work on this. I also like the idea of movie trivia plugin to Cinema mode. @GreyBeard, if you have the koi plugin that does this that will help a lot to see how and where they are getting the triva.

• 2 weeks later...
noakd8601

I'm digging the start of this plugin! Any movement in regard to scene support, media type selection, or ability to ignore stop on videos shorter than xx minutes? Those things will get this pretty close to perfect I think!

Edited by noakd8601

Thank you Biofects for keeping this alive! Scene support would be pretty cool. I'm using some smart plugs which cant be turned off when i wanna dim the lights to like 5% brightness when i start a movie. Setting a scene for starting, stopping would solve that problem.

• 2 weeks later...
hstamas

Hoping this hasn't been abandoned? My webhooks solution is starting to become unreliable/almost unusable so fingers crossed the before mentioned needed additions can happen here.

Edited by hstamas

Biofects

Hey everyone, not abandoned unfortunately no time to update code, I have worked on some but not quite ready just yet. Im hoping to have another release in the next week. 

• Like 1

Biofects

Yes it connects to your Phillips hue Hub, though the Hue API and you can't set dim levels based on player status. I am adding scenes and multi-group support as well as a few more things.

Edited by Biofects

If we had an official webhooks plugin would that make this any easier so that you wouldn't have to maintain an Emby plugin?

hstamas

If we had an official webhooks plugin would that make this any easier so that you wouldn't have to maintain an Emby plugin?

The web hook plugin mentioned earlier in this thread was working perfectly with IFTTT up until about a month ago. Not sure what update hosed it but now it barely works. An official version, if it communicating reliably would be a perfect alternative. This original plugin has all the features needed.

• 4 weeks later...
hstamas

Hey everyone, not abandoned unfortunately no time to update code, I have worked on some but not quite ready just yet. Im hoping to have another release in the next week. 

Any movement on this @@Biofects? Would really love to get this working again in my system.

Edited by hstamas

hstamas

Does this plugin rely on webhooks or is it independent of that?

Not to answer for @@Biofects but his plugin is independent from any sort of webhooks. It calls on the Philips Hue API to do its magic. I know this thread also talks about a webhooks plugin that initially worked really well but has since stopped working for some reason with the developer apparently abandoning it.

Biofects

Hey everyone,

I promise this plugin is not abonded. I will try to have something soon. Thanks for all the support, just need time and work has been crazy.

• 1 month later...
hstamas

Hey everyone,

I promise this plugin is not abonded. I will try to have something soon. Thanks for all the support, just need time and work has been crazy.

Any progress @@Biofects? Don’t mean to be a pest but with movie watching season kicking in (family & friends really step up movie watching during the summer repeat season) I’d really like to have my full home theater experience up and running.

If this is something ou just don’t have time for I completely understand but if you can let us know so we can move onto something else that would be appreciated.

BillOatman

Hi.  Don't want to step on anyones toes, but I grabbed the latest source for this to see if I could get it at least working.  I updated it to the latest Emby assembly and I can't get the plugin to function at all.  I've asked for and continue to receive help from @@Luke in a different thread.  Once it's working I'll post the DLL and the source here for @@Biofects and others.  I don't have a HUE hub (at least not yet) so there are limits as to what I can test.  But I'm willing to help as much as I can.

Biofects

Hey everyone I hope to have a release this week :) I just need to get scenes per light group and update code to apply changes

screenshot_20190429_100027.png

hstamas

Just as a heads up to all tirelessly working to get a Emby/Hue solution going first I want to say THANK YOU!. I realize we are a small group who want this functionality and its truly appreciated.

Secondly I just wanted to point out that this weekend I tried hosting a movie watching party with a  bunch of friends in my home theater. I wanted to give them the full movie going experience so I played the movie using Plex utilizing the web hook capabilities of the Tautulli add on to send Hue scene commands to IFTT to control my lights. Sadly (and once again) when I needed this to work it didnt. Same darn issue I had with the webhooks plugin discussed earlier in this thread. IFTT and webhooks is just not reliable enough. Im not sure where the failure occurs but it seems that Plex (and previously Emby) was just not sending all the commands or IFTTT was not receiving them.

I point this out only because with my past experience Im hoping we can go a more reliable route if anyone is considering getting this done via webhooks.

BillOatman

Hey everyone I hope to have a release this week :) I just need to get scenes per light group and update code to apply changes

Glad to hear it.  I couldn't even get the plugin working at all with the latest mediabrowser.server.core :)

• 2 weeks later...
hstamas

Hi @@Biofects.

As we wait for your plugin to be finished wanted to point out that Hue just introduced zones to their app:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/05/09/philips-hue-zones/amp/

Wondering if this would be of help/interest to you? Might be an easier solutions to the requested ability to turn some lights off while leaving some lights on etc.

BillOatman

Hopefully this will help someone.  I took Biofects latest code from Github, updated the libraries, and built the DLL.  I have attached it.  With luck, it will work for you until Biofects has his new release.

Couldn't test it because I do not have any HUE equipment.

Emby.HueControl.dll.zip

Edited by BillOatman

hstamas

Hopefully this will help someone.  I took Biofects latest code from Github, updated the libraries, and built the DLL.  I have attached it.  With luck, it will work for you until Biofects has his new release.

Couldn't test it because I do not have any HUE equipment.

Doesnt seem to be recognized on my system @@BillOatman. Added the DLL to the plugin directory and restarted but dont see it in the list.

I'll probably just wait for @@Biofects at this point as I need to have individual light or scene abilities anyway.

Thanks for your efforts!