New plugin

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

Oh I did not realize that MBT was not ready for plugins yet. That is fine - I will just sit back and wait. Maybe even poke through the github code and see if I can learn anything. Thanks for yall's help!

AxelAxel3

One question though.. Do you guys accept pull requests if I find someway I can help? And is there any tutorial on learning how to build the project?

Cheesegeezer

One question though.. Do you guys accept pull requests if I find someway I can help? And is there any tutorial on learning how to build the project?

Sure, create a fork and submit it on Git to which ever project you are willing to contribute to.

No tutorials really, but there is a lot of info on Git Wiki which will help you get started and understand the workflow of creating plugins for the server.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki

On a not regarding your Sensorship plugin, maybe you could work on video hash, this would probably give you most like chance of getting a close match but again not an exact match.  Subs are a lottery when it comes to movies and sourcing them from anywhere other than the original disc.  

Good Luck

AxelAxel3

Hey guys,

I am thinking about picking up a new project for MB3. I am wanting to create an Angle Guardian like plugin (something that bleeps out language) for myself at least. I was wondering, before I did too much digging, would this even be possible? There does not seem to be too much help in the wiki for beginners to the project.

It may be possible if you limit your scope.  The playback of media is handled in lots of different ways on all the different clients and platforms.  So there wouldn't really be a single place you could do this - unless you actually modified the media files.

AxelAxel3

I am not sure what app yet, but since MBT plans on becoming the center piece, then probably MBT at least, but maybe port it to the MB3 HTML5 version too. I have looked into that Wiki, but I cannot seem to find much info about hooking into the system, or whatever plugin system MB3 uses. But then again, I am no pro at programming, so I may just not really understand what I am looking at. But I was wondering if it would even be possible to do before I got into it. Here is my early thought of it so far...

The plugin "reads" the subtitles and checks each word for a word on the list..

If it is in the list, then mute the volume at the right time.

But I am not sure if each movie has to have subtitles, or if MB3 gets them automatically, and I am not sure if it is possible to know when the word is actually being said.

I understand that a lot of people on the internet does not really care about bad language - but we have to stop a lot of movies that we are watching because of this, and i really hate not finishing movies!!

Edited by alexander7567

Yeah, I'm not sure that is going to work for a couple reasons.  One - as you said, every movie would need subs - we don't currently get them automatically.  Two, you'd need to be able to handle all forms of subs but Three, I think is the real problem - I don't think subs are timed down to the word so you would end up muting entire phrases or sentences.

You would probably need some sort of a database with exact timings.  Not sure if such a thing exists.

Also, I'm not sure how quickly the system will respond to mute and un-mute.  Sometimes it is a few seconds.

AxelAxel3

That is very interesting points. And that is why I figured I was ask an expert if it was even possible first. I mean, im sure there is a site to get subs from right? But I was afraid that they would not be timed - some movies if you cut out every phrase with language on it then you would never get to hear a word lol - although some movies it might be reasonable if there is just a few uses. 

I'm not saying it isn't possible - but I do think it will have plenty of challenges.

Are you just wanting this one feature or were you looking for something to create?  There are probably other ideas you could attempt to implement if you just wanted to get your feet wet.

AxelAxel3

Well in time, I would like to help create some plugins. I unfortunately cannot donate any monetary amount to MB3, but I would love to donate some of my time. So in time, yes, i would love to get my feet wet. But I do not have any ideas other than that right now... Plus I would have to take on learning the entire system, how it works, and the language it is written in. 

But I may take a look into some example plugins and see if I can figure it out - if there is any good simple examples.

MBT is not ready for plugins  yet. MBC is but those features would most likely require core assistance from Ebr, so it's a matter of whether or not he can schedule that in the mbc road-map.

As far as html5 plugins, maybe one day, but there's currently no infrastructure for that. Sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for. We're adding things on an as-needed basis.

trusselo

just to re-affirm the above point,

subtitles ARE NOT timed to the word,  timed by the line,

SRT 

00:03:14,986 --> 00:03:16,945
My name is Jack Torrance.

SMI

<SYNC Start=275280 End=278519><P Class=ENCC>
I'm not squeezing one out till I'm 30.
<SYNC Start=278760 End=283039><P Class=ENCC>
Will you still be at the Yarn Barn?<br>That's a great place to raise children.

SUB

{3725}{3784}Especially dogs. Dogs are the best.