Changing Channels with Numeric Buttons

omerome

So I was just wondering, I currently have Emby for WMC which allows me to change the channels with either my favorite's button on my remote control or by entering the number (i.e., 825) to change the channel.

Is it possible to do the same (or if there is currently already a feature) with the Emby application directly? Like with the NVIDIA Shield or Emby Theatre?

At this time, scrolling through several pages to get to the channel I want is a little cumbersome.

Thanks for your help!

Well, there are no numeric buttons on the remotes for most of these streaming boxes but we do plan to add the ability to jump to a channel via an OSK.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
sl4ppy

Im using the Emby Theater Windows app and new to Emby in general..  How do I change channels at all?  I seem to only be able to navigate back through the menus and select a different channel.

Is it possible to just hit + or - (or something) to flip channels quickly?

• 1 year later...
chinswain

Is there any update on this? my partner is complaining (trying to move away from WMC to Emby Theatre) that she cannot enter channel numbers on the remote or change channels via the up\down buttons (+\-)