Speed up time to open media? Integration with PseudoTV Live

stevedawg85
Go to solution Solved by im85288,

stevedawg85

PseudoTV Live looks like an awesome addon that I want to use w/ my setup.

More info - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=244889

(it basically turns your media into "channels" so you can channel surf your own media)

Server info: 

4 gb ram

i3 3.5 ghz CPU

I tested it out, but channel changing takes forever. So I decided to open random media in the normal Kodi interface and found out it can take anywhere from 3-5 seconds before the file actually starts playing.  

So my question:

1. Any suggestions on speeding up the opening time of media inside of Kodi (I tried http, smb, direct, addon, etc - all same results)
  2. By any chance does anyone use this PseudoTV Live w/ emby and what are your results?

mastrmind11

3-5 seconds is too long?  Seems pretty reasonable to me considering what is happening behind the scenes...

• Solution
im85288

Easy answer and this applies to when you want to use any of the other kodi addons to experience a more native kodi experience. Make sure to choose the option "use Direct Paths" when setting up this addon. Or change that option in the settings section of the Emby addon and do a complete reset of your database. This will also allow you to use other native addons such as the screensaver option of tvtunes etc etc

stevedawg85

3-5 seconds is too long?  Seems pretty reasonable to me considering what is happening behind the scenes...

Absolutely tolerable when browsing movies etc inside of Kodi.  But when trying to emulate "channel surfing" it is noticeable and takes away the feel and defeats the purpose of the PseudoTv Live addon.

Easy answer and this applies to when you want to use any of the other kodi addons to experience a more native kodi experience. Make sure to choose the option "use Direct Paths" when setting up this addon. Or change that option in the settings section of the Emby addon and do a complete reset of your database. This will also allow you to use other native addons such as the screensaver option of tvtunes etc etc

I coulda swore I did this last night.  I'll have to play more and rebuild the database w/ this suggestion.

mastrmind11

Yeah channel surfing would not be fun w a 5 sec delay. I see what you meant.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk